Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on February 07, 2025, 03:00:49 pm

Title: Cold and beautiful
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on February 07, 2025, 03:00:49 pm
Drove 120 miles just to take this shot (yes really) - my wife thinks I am completely mad of course. But when it comes to landscape photography, I think she sort of understands the depths of my madness ;D

Anyway...

I was really looking for mist swirling around these trees, but by the time I got near to this stand of trees, the mist had already lifted and the sky had cleared to become cloudless and bright blue. So I did the usual landscape photographer thing and began to moan as if my life depended on it. But then when we got to the actual spot, I could see how this type of harsh, bright blue light, really made the shot for me. So I instantly went from having a face like a wet weekend, to giggling like an idiot.

Hope you like. ;)

Dave
Title: Re: Cold and beautiful
Post by: degrub on February 07, 2025, 06:45:15 pm
perfect Christmas card
Title: Re: Cold and beautiful
Post by: francois on February 11, 2025, 05:20:43 am
Frosty trees… That's true winter.
I like it a lot and degrub has a point with the Christmas card.
Title: Re: Cold and beautiful
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on February 11, 2025, 02:39:14 pm
perfect Christmas card

A CHRISTMAS CARD!!!!!!!!!!!  :o

I was thinking it should be hung in the Louvre, to replace the much lower quality daubings of Leonardo da Vinci and his miserable efforts to paint a local craft shop girl, called Moaning Lisa or something as equally mundane. Where my photograph would instantly become, a shining example to everyone who sees it, of the absolute finest work of art, that has ever been created in the last five hundred years  ;D

But no and I do have to agree, that it would indeed make a very nice Christmas card  ;)

...and that Leonardo's half hearted scribblings, might just have the slightest edge over this work of such stunning magnitude.

OK, I'll stop now  ;D ;D ;D

Dave
Title: Re: Cold and beautiful
Post by: degrub on February 11, 2025, 07:05:29 pm
i'll await yer post  ;D ;)
It is a gorgeous image capture ! suitable for the highest honor  ;)
Title: Re: Cold and beautiful
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on February 12, 2025, 02:02:26 pm
i'll await yer post  ;D ;)
It is a gorgeous image capture ! suitable for the highest honor  ;)

Thanks and I am sure you are all used to me by now ;)

So thanks again, for ignoring my late evening ramblings - I was trying to be sarcastically amusing, honest. But sometimes and especially in these times of woe, humour of any type, can often sort of get lost or mangled in translation.

So yes I whole heartedly agree, that this shot would indeed, make a really nice Christmas card  ;D

Dave
Title: Re: Cold and beautiful
Post by: langier on February 12, 2025, 10:34:03 pm
Well done, Dave!
Worth the drive!
Title: Re: Cold and beautiful
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 13, 2025, 09:59:07 am
Fairy tale stuff.

BTW tomorrow I will wake up at 4 am and drive 250 km to this mountain village... the fruit trees will be in bloom, hoping for a good day.