Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: heheapa on February 03, 2025, 06:31:44 am

Title: Epson P900/903: Failed Registration: Exceeded Default Warranty Registration Date
Post by: heheapa on February 03, 2025, 06:31:44 am
Just got my Epson P903.

Epson: Failed Registration: Exceeded Default Warranty Registration Date

I understand there was paper loader reliability issue in the early batch of this model and it's seems quietly improved in the newer batches.
Furthermore, i observed 2 cracks at the top loader edge. They are like forced open before. Is it common for your P900 unit?

I haven't loaded the inks and powered on yet. Now i am worry this is the really old stock and thinking to return. Thanks.
Title: Re: Epson P900/903: Failed Registration: Exceeded Default Warranty Registration Date
Post by: Kyle Jackson on February 03, 2025, 12:40:27 pm
Hi, if it was me I'd return it as damaged/defective. Not worth messing around guessing.

Title: Re: Epson P900/903: Failed Registration: Exceeded Default Warranty Registration Date
Post by: langier on February 03, 2025, 10:37:59 pm
I went through two P900s... the first had paper feed issues and the front tray was jammed from day one. The second worked for most of a year before it, too, grabs several sheets and bricked, but that was after it started to spit ink blobs on the margins and images, usually on the good paper...

I'd call Epson and send them images of the damage before doing anything more.

I do know that others that have the P900 love them and the print quality is nice, but after going through two, I "downgraded" to a 3880 that I had serviced and recently got a pair of P800 printers which is what I really wanted when I ordered the P900.

The older 17-inch printers are larger, heavier, more robust and I'd say built like tanks and now I'm printing up a storm and enjoying printing with few issues.
Title: Re: Epson P900/903: Failed Registration: Exceeded Default Warranty Registration Date
Post by: heheapa on February 06, 2025, 11:47:01 am
Updated on the issue:

1. I got the warranty after Epson fixed their website issue for warranty registration in my local site.
2. The "Cracks" seems normal across their P900s. It shows the same in other p900 in the store as well.

Now i am happy for the printing result and so far no funny paper loader issue yet.