Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: Onslow on January 25, 2025, 09:58:40 pm

Title: i1Profiler version issue and i1Pro2
Post by: Onslow on January 25, 2025, 09:58:40 pm
Morning All,
I have an i1Pro2 that I use occasionally to measure spot colours for my model paint hobby.
It used to do this fine.
Stupidly, today I opened i1Profiler and without thinking downloaded and installed the latest version. This now only supports Spot Colour Compare using the i1Pro3.  >:(
I have lost the original software disc. I have a backup from when it worked but that would be a last ditch option as not knowing what files to bring back, I would need to bring back the partition. That would cause major issues with other software I have.
I went to the Xrite site for discontinued products. The oldest version available was 3.7.1 That still has the issue. Does anyone know what version number I need to backdate to?
Any thoughts on this?

Reagrds
John
Title: Re: i1Profiler version issue and i1Pro2
Post by: Czornyj on January 26, 2025, 07:34:31 am
Morning All,
I have an i1Pro2 that I use occasionally to measure spot colours for my model paint hobby.
It used to do this fine.
Stupidly, today I opened i1Profiler and without thinking downloaded and installed the latest version. This now only supports Spot Colour Compare using the i1Pro3.  >:(
I have lost the original software disc. I have a backup from when it worked but that would be a last ditch option as not knowing what files to bring back, I would need to bring back the partition. That would cause major issues with other software I have.
I went to the Xrite site for discontinued products. The oldest version available was 3.7.1 That still has the issue. Does anyone know what version number I need to backdate to?
Any thoughts on this?

Reagrds
John

1) google previous versions until you find the one that works, for example here's 3.1.1:
https://xritephoto.com/ph_product_overview.aspx?ID=2630&Action=Support&SoftwareID=2107

2) download excellent CT&A from Babelcolor - unfortunately it's discontinued, but as long as it works it's free to use, and much more convenient than i1Profiler
https://babelcolor.com/download.htm
Title: Re: i1Profiler version issue and i1Pro2
Post by: PhilipCummins on January 26, 2025, 07:48:09 am
Seems you would do it the other way via the Measure Chart approach, see here (https://www.xrite.com/service-support/how_to_get_lab_values_from_i1profiler).

Spot Color Compare & ColorPicker looked to be only ever supported on i1Pro 3, checking the Release Notes here (https://www.xrite.com/service-support/downloads/i/i1profiler-i1publish_v3_8_2) it states for 3.6.0 "Adds a spot color comparison tool that lets i1Pro 3 and i1Pro 3 PLUS users measure and compare two colors." so could be a bug perhaps that the i1Pro 2 worked. Since it was introduced in 3.6.0 you could try the older versions, you can find all of them here (https://xritephoto.com/ph_product_overview.aspx?ID=1914&action=overview).
Title: Re: i1Profiler version issue and i1Pro2
Post by: Kyle Jackson on January 26, 2025, 02:14:27 pm
Hi, I have v3.30 and v3.71 here (Windows .exe). If either of any use just PM me.

Edit: if I can find the box with the original CD in storage, it might have an even older version.

Cheers

Title: Re: i1Profiler version issue and i1Pro2
Post by: digitaldog on January 27, 2025, 12:03:52 pm
+1, CT&A from Babelcolor is the way to go for this task.
Title: Re: i1Profiler version issue and i1Pro2
Post by: Onslow on January 28, 2025, 01:27:29 am
1) google previous versions until you find the one that works, for example here's 3.1.1:
https://xritephoto.com/ph_product_overview.aspx?ID=2630&Action=Support&SoftwareID=2107

2) download excellent CT&A from Babelcolor - unfortunately it's discontinued, but as long as it works it's free to use, and much more convenient than i1Profiler
https://babelcolor.com/download.htm
I shall check BabelColor out.Thank you. :)
John
Title: Re: i1Profiler version issue and i1Pro2
Post by: Onslow on January 28, 2025, 01:28:43 am
Seems you would do it the other way via the Measure Chart approach, see here (https://www.xrite.com/service-support/how_to_get_lab_values_from_i1profiler).

Spot Color Compare & ColorPicker looked to be only ever supported on i1Pro 3, checking the Release Notes here (https://www.xrite.com/service-support/downloads/i/i1profiler-i1publish_v3_8_2) it states for 3.6.0 "Adds a spot color comparison tool that lets i1Pro 3 and i1Pro 3 PLUS users measure and compare two colors." so could be a bug perhaps that the i1Pro 2 worked. Since it was introduced in 3.6.0 you could try the older versions, you can find all of them here (https://xritephoto.com/ph_product_overview.aspx?ID=1914&action=overview).
XRite support suggested the same technique. It works.
Thank you.
Title: Re: i1Profiler version issue and i1Pro2
Post by: Onslow on January 28, 2025, 01:29:14 am
Hi, I have v3.30 and v3.71 here (Windows .exe). If either of any use just PM me.

Edit: if I can find the box with the original CD in storage, it might have an even older version.

Cheers
The issue has a workaround. thank you though. :)
Title: Re: i1Profiler version issue and i1Pro2
Post by: Onslow on January 28, 2025, 01:30:18 am
+1, CT&A from Babelcolor is the way to go for this task.
Thank you for the suggestion. I shall actually look into this. :)
Title: Re: i1Profiler version issue and i1Pro2
Post by: Kyle Jackson on January 28, 2025, 08:50:14 am
The issue has a workaround. thank you though. :)

That's good news, especially because i1Profiler really sucks from what little I've seen of it. I only have it because the Eizo that replaced my NEC didn't come with a colorimeter (despite the ridic price) so I picked up an Xrite i1Display Pro. When I actually checked the bundled i1Profiler software once to see what it could do for me, it was a useless piece of crippleware with most basic features locked behind a demo wall.