Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Tim Gray on January 26, 2007, 02:10:54 pm

Title: Custom portfolio case
Post by: Tim Gray on January 26, 2007, 02:10:54 pm
In my insane desire to print as large as possible, my borderless "standard" aspect ratio prints from my Epson 4000 are 17x25.5.  Any idea where I could get some kind of storage case (custom or not)?  I use Itoya a lot for the smaller sizes, but their largest is 24" - as are all the ones I've found on the web.
Title: Custom portfolio case
Post by: BillPelzmann on January 26, 2007, 05:23:26 pm
Good luck!  It took awhile before the 13"x19" sizes were supported. I hope as the 17 inch printers gain popularity, some company will see this as an opportunity.

Light Impressions had a ThinLine 22 1/4 x 28 1/4 x 1 3/8 option - expensive and a little too roomy.
Title: Custom portfolio case
Post by: tompappas on January 27, 2007, 09:51:02 am
You can have custom portfolio boxes made my most small book binders / restorers.  They can end up being quite expensive, but they can create a stunning first impression, even before you open up the box to show the prints.

In the San Diego area you may want to look here

http://www.lehmannbindery.com/conservation.html (http://www.lehmannbindery.com/conservation.html)

Tom Pappas
Title: Re: Custom portfolio case
Post by: indiglo on November 24, 2010, 02:38:18 pm
There's a company that makes custom made portfolio cases by size and color and material.  I'm considering this option since it'll definitely be catered to my own aesthetic.  They have examples on their blog http://kloagency.wordpress.com/.  Hope this helps!