Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: funfoto on December 29, 2024, 02:33:04 pm

Title: Epson P7570; Have all the problems finally been resolved?
Post by: funfoto on December 29, 2024, 02:33:04 pm
Thinking about upsizing from my P5370 to the P7570 and wondering if it's safe to buy this thing now. After reading all the horror stories on here when it came out, I didn't buy it then. My dealer has assured me it's safe to buy, now that all the problems have been resolved with firmware updates. Can any current users testify to this, or it still problematic and frustrating to use.
Thanks!
Title: Re: Epson P7570; Have all the problems finally been resolved?
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 30, 2024, 10:01:37 am
I have had no problems with mine. It's pretty fast and the quality is superb.

Jermey
Title: Re: Epson P7570; Have all the problems finally been resolved?
Post by: Rand47 on December 30, 2024, 09:15:24 pm
I would say YES!  The significant teething problems I had as an early adopter have all been resolved to my satisfaction.  It’s now the best printer I’ve ever owned.

It took Epson a while to realize the legitimacy of many of the issues (not denial, just slow on the uptake), but we’ve had multiple firmware updates, revisions to the EMI software, etc. and they have done a fine job.

Rand
Title: Re: Epson P7570; Have all the problems finally been resolved?
Post by: funfoto on December 31, 2024, 11:17:29 pm
Thank you Rand and Jermey...you've both help allay any misgivings I've had with the possible acquisition of this printer.
Much appreciated!
~Don
Title: Re: Epson P7570; Have all the problems finally been resolved?
Post by: dgberg on January 01, 2025, 08:43:48 am
I have been all Epson for 16 years. One of my P8000 had a bad head so I also was looking at the 9570.
I spoke with Scott Moore in California and he has had so many problems with his he virtually gave them away and purchased several Canon 4600's.
Canon had a sale and it was $2000 under the price of the Epson at the time. Sometimes I wish I had gone the Epson route but so far the Canon is holding it's own. Love the dual roll adapter.
Title: Re: Epson P7570; Have all the problems finally been resolved?
Post by: Rand47 on January 02, 2025, 09:58:09 am
I have been all Epson for 16 years. One of my P8000 had a bad head so I also was looking at the 9570.
I spoke with Scott Moore in California and he has had so many problems with his he virtually gave them away and purchased several Canon 4600's.
Canon had a sale and it was $2000 under the price of the Epson at the time. Sometimes I wish I had gone the Epson route but so far the Canon is holding it's own. Love the dual roll adapter.

Dan,

No doubt about it, the people with the 44” model of this printer had more severe initial issues with it than the 24” 7570.  But my impression from being on an email list discussing Epson printers is that most 9570 users are also experiencing trouble free printing, and outstanding image quality, now that firmware has been optimized and some “best practices” established for users.   It took Epson a while to run things to ground, on top of their being slow to “get it” in the first instance. 

Rand
Title: Re: Epson P7570; Have all the problems finally been resolved?
Post by: dgberg on January 03, 2025, 10:39:56 am
The $2000 savings was enough to push me to the Canon. That and the user replaceable Canon heads.
Two head replacements on my s80600 for $5100 and a $3100 head and damper replacement on my 9900 was enough for me.
Title: Re: Epson P7570; Have all the problems finally been resolved?
Post by: kers on January 03, 2025, 04:25:18 pm
I can imagine! Ooef! Better buy a new one!
Hpz3200 all heads replaced at 500€ ! Still going strong !
Title: Re: Epson P7570; Have all the problems finally been resolved?
Post by: bellevuefineart on February 05, 2025, 03:16:07 pm
Dan,

No doubt about it, the people with the 44” model of this printer had more severe initial issues with it than the 24” 7570.  But my impression from being on an email list discussing Epson printers is that most 9570 users are also experiencing trouble free printing, and outstanding image quality, now that firmware has been optimized and some “best practices” established for users.   It took Epson a while to run things to ground, on top of their being slow to “get it” in the first instance. 

Rand

The problems never went away for me. Some users report doing fine with them now, but my experience was that I still had issues. I was never able to print on thicker media with bi-directional printing. Canvas length was never exact. Paper skew errors and paper meandering errors were a constant annoyance. So after three years I switched to Canon, and got two Canon 4600s and I've had a Canon 2100 for over a year now.

After six months, I can safely say that the switch to Canon has made our lives easier. We have fewer misprints, fewer complaints from customers for little misprints we missed from head strikes, or ink on the back of prints, and we spend less time babysitting the printers. They're quieter too, and they use less ink (although it's a little more expensive). And with the dual roll adapter, we have two rolls on each machine. That alone has saved us so much time! And as a bonus, the Canon can take the Moab Entrada 290 75' rolls, and the Epson cannot. Since we go through a LOT of Moab Entrada, that's a couple of times a week we're not changing rolls on one machine. Less cardboard boxes, less paper changing, less waste. And soon I understand that Canson will have 65' rolls of the Canson Aquarelle 310, which we use a lot. Looking forward to those, and I know the Epson 9570 can't take those either.

For casual users, the Epson 9570 should be fine, and it does give great color. But I personally chose Canon, and it was a good choice for us.