Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: pixeldoppelganger on December 28, 2024, 03:50:58 pm

Title: Happy Holidays! This Delta is good for a input scanner profile?
Post by: pixeldoppelganger on December 28, 2024, 03:50:58 pm
Happy New Years

So I've been struggling to get a good looking profile with Arygll (I'm not sure why)
but I decided to fall back to my i1Profiler input scanner profile with a brand new Calibrite SG target

(https://ibb.co/pPtr0qd)
screenshot of input profile results (https://ibb.co/pPtr0qd)


I decided to choose v4 iccMax (assuming this newest iteration will have the best results)

I'll now go back to trying Arygll's input profiling and do some comparisons.
In the meantime, any thoughts looking at the overall delta's??   
Using a Epson 11000XL.

Anyone get better input profiles delta's using a Epson XL flatbed?

Side note, I'm going to move to my cameras next.  What kind of best quality results have you gotten?
(input profiling software used, camera brand, )
Title: Re: Happy Holidays! This Delta is good for a input scanner profile?
Post by: digitaldog on December 28, 2024, 05:01:02 pm
V4 brings nothing useful to the party and sometimes doesn't play nice with some products. I am not sure if any products support the Perceptual Reference Medium Gamut (PRMG) or the usefulness of V4.
As for dE:
Delta-E and color accuracy
In this 7 minute video I'll cover: What is Delta-E and how we use it to evaluate color differences. Color Accuracy: what it really means, how we measure it using ColorThink Pro and BableColor CT&A. This is an edited subset of a video covering RGB working spaces from raw data (sRGB urban legend Part 1).

Low Rez: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy0BD5aRV9s&feature=youtu.be
High Rez: http://digitaldog.net/files/Delta-E%20and%20Color%20Accuracy%20Video.mp4
Title: Re: Happy Holidays! This Delta is good for a input scanner profile?
Post by: GWGill on December 29, 2024, 04:01:28 pm
I decided to choose v4 iccMax (assuming this newest iteration will have the best results)
iccMax - really ?

Last time I looked, iccMax is intended for all the things that ICCV2/V4 doesn't do - multi-angle surface measurement, bi-spectral
fluorescent measurement, etc.

Given that many ICCV4 implementations don't seem to even support MPE (Multi-Processing Elements), I'm not sure
iccMax is going to be great for compatibility, even if it made possible some magical improvement in scanner profiling
(something I have my doubts about).