Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on December 20, 2024, 12:55:23 pm

Title: The Dark Hedges
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on December 20, 2024, 12:55:23 pm
From our trip around Ireland a couple of months back.

..and very enjoyable it was too  ;D

Unfortunately it seems this view was used in the Game of thrones TV series (which I never watched), so it got quite busy. But managed to get there before the crowd turned up with their selfie sticks..

Dave
Title: Re: The Dark Hedges
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 23, 2024, 01:09:56 pm
A good shot, Dave. It was very busy when I was there, but the multiple exposure and blend technique served me well. GoT, at least the first six series thereof, is worth a watch.

Jeremy
Title: Re: The Dark Hedges
Post by: Jonathan Cross on December 23, 2024, 02:43:30 pm
Like Jeremy, when we were there it was busy.  You have nailed the atmosphere, and the figure makes all the difference.

Jonathan

Title: Re: The Dark Hedges
Post by: francois on December 28, 2024, 10:50:07 am
Yes, a nice shot and I'm a lover of those "sheltering" atmospheres.
Bravo, Dave.
Title: Re: The Dark Hedges
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on December 29, 2024, 12:16:43 pm
Thanks all  ;D

Hope you all had a great Christmas and Santa brought you everything you wanted  ;)

All the best for the new year...

Dave
Title: Re: The Dark Hedges
Post by: MattBurt on December 29, 2024, 03:26:40 pm
Love it! Surely better than all those selfies. :)
Title: Re: The Dark Hedges
Post by: Arlen on December 29, 2024, 03:27:45 pm
A beautiful scene, Dave.
Now if it only had a dragon flying through.  :)
Title: Re: The Dark Hedges
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on January 08, 2025, 02:26:26 pm
A good shot, Dave. It was very busy when I was there, but the multiple exposure and blend technique served me well. GoT, at least the first six series thereof, is worth a watch.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks  ;)

I never watched Game of Thrones, as I have never been able to get into fantasy fiction. Science fiction yes, but fantasy? No.

Although I do have a friend who did watch it and said it was worth fast forwarding through the first couple of series, just for the sheer amount of bare flesh on display ::) Which I am sure, was absolutely essential to the plot line...!!!!

Dave

Title: Re: The Dark Hedges
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on January 08, 2025, 02:28:43 pm
Thanks everyone  ;D

Dave
Title: Re: The Dark Hedges
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on January 08, 2025, 02:35:29 pm
Hi Jeremy,

I never watched Game of Thrones, as I have never been able to get into fantasy fiction. Science fiction yes, but fantasy? No.

My wife had the same view (I watched it first on my own, while she was away). But there's almost no magic in the first series: it's medieval court intrigue. I persuaded her; she got hooked; we watched it avidly.

Jeremy
Title: Re: The Dark Hedges
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 08, 2025, 11:13:00 pm
Winter is coming...

Nice shot.
Title: Re: The Dark Hedges
Post by: UnfamiliarLight on January 09, 2025, 03:55:42 pm
Very nice depth to that image.
Title: Re: The Dark Hedges
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on February 07, 2025, 02:37:41 pm
Unfortunately, it seems that this iconic shot of the "Dark Hedges" from Ireland, did not fair too well in the recent storms just before Christmas.

(https://e3.365dm.com/24/01/1600x900/skynews-storm-isha-game-of-thrones_6429474.jpg?20240122121134)

So the lesson here folks, is to shoot it as soon as you can, whatever it is. Because nature will make sure, that it will not be there forever.

Thankfully, I do think most of this amazing avenue of trees did survive. But damage like this, has got to significantly limit the photographic options available to you when you are there.

What a real shame this is :-[

Dave
Title: Re: The Dark Hedges
Post by: kers on February 07, 2025, 08:37:57 pm
What a tragedy!
Like anything in life ; enjoy it when it is there...