Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: langier on December 19, 2024, 03:56:26 pm
-
I've been dreading having to upgrade from Mac Sonoma (Mac OS 14) to Sequoia (Mac Os 15). I know I need to update but didn't want to brick-up my Epson 3880 and 9900 printers.
Both my MacStudio and MBP run on Apple silicon.
So with trepidation last night, I downloaded and installed Sequoia on my MBP. Other than taking time for the download, it went very smoothly. No real issues that cropped up raising any red flags.
This morning, I tied into my Ethernet and added my Epson 3880 to the mix. It was recognized but the profiles were missing so I found the Epson driver, version 13.6 and it installed the canned profiles just fine. The images printed fine and I was happy.
I did have to get an Ethernet to USB-C adaptor just so I could use my MBP.
To find the Epson 3880 driver, I had to "game" the Epson system and tell them I was running OS 13, Ventura. The date on the software is November 2024.
I next installed the Epson 9900 and it was even easier. I dug out my custom profiles from my MacStudio buried in the Library folder and installed them in the same place on my MBP. I did the same Epson driver install for the basic canned profiles just to make sure I was covered for color matching.
All was well with the 9900!
I double-checked the 3880 and the Printer Options->Printer Settings in the Print Settings dialog were garbled, totally incoherent.
I uninstalled the 3880 under my System Settings, then reinstalled the printer from the Epson software.
Problem solved! Both the Epson 3880 and the Epson 9900 are working fine with Sequoia. And like Andrew Rodney mentioned in another thread as a "bug" with the non-sticky color management off settings, that seems to be solved under Sequoia.
Soon, I'll update to Sequoia on my MacStudio and get back to printing up a storm.
My advice is to make sure you are never in the middle of a project to make printer or OS updates and if there's an issue with muddy output, simply uninstall the printer from your System settings, then reinstall and most of the time, the color issues are solved.
-
I printed w Epson 9450 with Sequoia!
-
When you get done laughing at this post, has anyone tried running an Epson Stylus Pro 7600 with the latest Mac OS on a Mac Studio with M1 chip?
I currently run OS 12.5 but latest version of Lightroom Classic will not update to this OS.
My printer is 23 years old and still humming along although with third party inks that are working fine. It is pretty miraculous. I have looked into finally upgrading but the size of the current 24" Epson will not fit into my closet sized office.
Thanks,
Jim
-
I have also just gone through the whole procedure of upgrading from Monterey to Sequoia and all now seems to be working fine - printing on a Canon an Epson 3880 and Piezography on an Epson 3880, creating a paper profile i1Studio.
The 3880 Epson driver V6.62 works fine.
https://epson.com/Support/Printers/Professional-Imaging-Printers/Epson-Stylus-Pro-Series/Epson-Stylus-Pro-3880/s/SPT_CA61201-VM?review-filter=macOS+15.x
-
I waited eons** to go from Sonoma to Sequoia. Worked fine; Didn't even have to go searching for and reinstalling paper profiles like every time before.
**=Sept24 to January25.
-
This just happened to me last week spent 30min with Epson support and 40 minutes with Apple bottom line and mostly common sense but when you want to take a sledge hammer to both your not thinking clearly
1. apple silicon changed the privacy and security again of course its a good thing and a PIA you basically have to remove all printers for sure, when you add new printer use bonjour.
2. you need to plug the ethernet cable into the router (forget the dongle USB C adaptor)for now, for the address to be discovered.
3. you must be running Epson's latest software and give all permissions
4. don't forget to remove sudo kextcache if your stuck
-
What do you mean add Bonjour.
Bonjour/Airprint is the crippled driver with limited to no printer settings. The IP is the driver that works with all settings.
Where did you get the Bonjour info?