Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: William Walker on December 09, 2024, 08:11:55 am

Title: Saving Print Presets
Post by: William Walker on December 09, 2024, 08:11:55 am
Hi,


Every time I update my printer driver (Mac and Canon printer), I lose my print presets.

Is there any way of saving them?


Many thanks,
William
Title: Re: Saving Print Presets
Post by: digitaldog on December 09, 2024, 11:52:33 am
You'lll have to take that up with Canon, not the case with my Epson's (and no, I've never found a way of saving them despite some sites that suggest that can be done).
Title: Re: Saving Print Presets
Post by: William Walker on December 10, 2024, 03:48:36 am
Thanks Andrew!
Title: Re: Saving Print Presets
Post by: William Walker on December 19, 2024, 03:51:37 am
Update.

I upgraded two days ago from my 2013 Mac Pro to a Mac Mini M4 Pro, which means I went from Monterey to Sequoia 15.1.

I downloaded the latest driver for my Canon Pro 4100 (29.1.0.0.) and, to my great surprise, the presets were all there!

The only problem was that the media settings did not "stick" when you made the print. It simply defaulted to "Plain Paper".

Restarting the computer solved that problem

Last night I upgraded to IOS 15.2 and tried printing without changing anything. The colours were wrong!

I deleted the printer from "System Settings", re-downloaded the same driver and made a test print - colours wrong!

The media settings were not "sticking" again!

I restarted the computer and everything is back to normal with good colours.

I hope that helps someone... :D



Title: Re: Saving Print Presets
Post by: William Walker on January 05, 2025, 09:38:23 am
Update.

I upgraded two days ago from my 2013 Mac Pro to a Mac Mini M4 Pro, which means I went from Monterey to Sequoia 15.1.

I downloaded the latest driver for my Canon Pro 4100 (29.1.0.0.) and, to my great surprise, the presets were all there!

The only problem was that the media settings did not "stick" when you made the print. It simply defaulted to "Plain Paper".

Restarting the computer solved that problem

EDIT: This doesn't seem to work every time!!! Going to"Print" in Preview and setting it there worked first time...(I found that workaround on the Apple Forums)

Last night I upgraded to IOS 15.2 and tried printing without changing anything. The colours were wrong!

I deleted the printer from "System Settings", re-downloaded the same driver and made a test print - colours wrong!

The media settings were not "sticking" again!

I restarted the computer and everything is back to normal with good colours.

I hope that helps someone... :D