Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on November 30, 2024, 12:58:42 pm

Title: Post storm deep freeze
Post by: MattBurt on November 30, 2024, 12:58:42 pm
We got a bunch of snow earlier in the week which is a little early but nice to see. Along with the snow came the drop in temperatures after it clears up.
Yesterday's -16F and freezing fog and today's clear -22F demonstrate that when it temp drops around here it really drops.

It did make for some nice visuals but generally quick outings, especially this morning.

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54172546861_73028fb5d5_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qx3sQD)

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54171665672_edbaa2f061_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qwXWTJ)

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54172850799_e5eec4df1e_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qx52bX)

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54174563304_8b1d2e1bbd_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qxdNfU)

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54173375082_ea2a756a09_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qx7H3j)
Title: Re: Post storm deep freeze
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 30, 2024, 10:08:14 pm
Excellent set.
Title: Re: Post storm deep freeze
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 01, 2024, 12:35:42 pm
-22F is certainly a little on the chilly side. Good photos, though.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Post storm deep freeze
Post by: RSL on December 01, 2024, 03:14:48 pm
Gorgeous, Matt, but brrrrr...
Title: Re: Post storm deep freeze
Post by: MattBurt on December 02, 2024, 11:28:00 am
Excellent set.

-22F is certainly a little on the chilly side. Good photos, though.

Jeremy

Gorgeous, Matt, but brrrrr...

Thanks guys! Yeah, it's a bit colder than I prefer for recreating so I look for what is good or interesting about it and try to get some images of that. Not many people experience something like this so it's fun to share for the reactions. I thnk it is also beautiful even if it is a relief after it passes.

Interestingly enough I went skiing yesterday which is at a higher elevation than the valley I live in. Due to a temperature inversion it was something like +4 when I left the house and on the mountain it was a balmy +22. Then when I drove back home the temp plummeted back down to +7 and dropping to -10 over night.
Title: Re: Post storm deep freeze
Post by: Ray on December 03, 2024, 08:12:18 am
Wonderful shots!

"Yesterday's -16F and freezing fog and today's clear -22F demonstrate that when it temp drops around here it really drops."

Wow! That's really cold. Looks like the current alarm about global warming is nothing to worry about.  ;)
Title: Re: Post storm deep freeze
Post by: MattBurt on December 03, 2024, 01:37:36 pm
Wonderful shots!

"Yesterday's -16F and freezing fog and today's clear -22F demonstrate that when it temp drops around here it really drops."

Wow! That's really cold. Looks like the current alarm about global warming is nothing to worry about.  ;)

Thanks!
But we used to get -30s! (although I can't say I miss them)
Title: Re: Post storm deep freeze
Post by: UnfamiliarLight on December 05, 2024, 10:41:18 am
Nice you can feel how cold it is. They capturing of the mist is very nice too.
Title: Re: Post storm deep freeze
Post by: MattBurt on December 05, 2024, 12:22:11 pm
Nice you can feel how cold it is. They capturing of the mist is very nice too.

Thanks!
Title: Re: Post storm deep freeze
Post by: francois on December 09, 2024, 11:02:53 am
An excellent set of photos. Yes -22F is cold but when getting home with that kind of photography makes it really worth it.
Bravo, Matt.
Title: Re: Post storm deep freeze
Post by: MattBurt on December 09, 2024, 06:59:01 pm
An excellent set of photos. Yes -22F is cold but when getting home with that kind of photography makes it really worth it.
Bravo, Matt.

Thank you! I have good cold weather clothing so it's not too bad, especially if the sun is out.
Title: Re: Post storm deep freeze
Post by: RSL on December 10, 2024, 01:49:52 pm
Goos shooting, Matt. Bravo.
Title: Re: Post storm deep freeze
Post by: francois on December 13, 2024, 09:27:07 am
Thank you! I have good cold weather clothing so it's not too bad, especially if the sun is out.

I tend to love comfort so I also have a collection of cold jackets, boots, pants, hats and gloves… It helps a lot!