Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on November 13, 2024, 04:41:10 pm

Title: Peak Autumn
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on November 13, 2024, 04:41:10 pm
Rainy, overcast, windy and dull.  :-[

So had to shoot it handheld, using a fast shutter speed, an uncomfortably high ISO and a shallow depth of field. :'(

But..?

It sort of worked out OK  ;D

Dave
Title: Re: Peak Autumn
Post by: degrub on November 13, 2024, 05:59:45 pm
i like it !
Japanese say gardens photograph better in those conditions !
Title: Re: Peak Autumn
Post by: MattBurt on November 14, 2024, 12:22:36 am
Really nice! A great subject but the shot really brings it out.
Title: Re: Peak Autumn
Post by: UnfamiliarLight on November 14, 2024, 02:50:01 pm
The leaves look like a pattern as much as leaves. I like that.
Title: Re: Peak Autumn
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on November 14, 2024, 04:04:03 pm
Thanks guys  ;)

I have taken so many autumn colour shots this year in Scotland, it has been totally amazing. Probably the best I have ever seen it and it seemed to go on for about six weeks none stop.  ;D

Unfortunately, this was the last shot I got of the colours, just before Storm Ashley ripped across the UK the following day and stripped all the leaves from the trees  :'(

Dave
Title: Re: Peak Autumn
Post by: francois on November 15, 2024, 05:21:01 am
I like it a lot and like degrub wrote above, it reminds me some Japanese trees.
Bravo.
Title: Re: Peak Autumn
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 19, 2024, 08:07:35 pm
Beautiful.