Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Peterretep2 on November 05, 2024, 09:02:25 am

Title: Focus help Please
Post by: Peterretep2 on November 05, 2024, 09:02:25 am
I recently photographed a couple of spaces where I had forgotten to take the tilt out of my Canon 17mm Tilt Shift lens which led to some softness on one side of the images. I think it is repairable as it's not severely out. Can someone recommend the best software for enhancing the out of focus area? Thanks to any responders, I appreciate your assistance!

Peter
Title: Re: Focus help Please
Post by: Peano on November 05, 2024, 09:36:41 am
I use Topaz Sharpen AI for most sharpening. It has models specifically for out-of-focus images. I'd be glad to give it a try if you could post an example of a problem image.
Title: Re: Focus help Please
Post by: Peterretep2 on November 05, 2024, 09:42:51 am
I'm currently downloading the Topaz program to test it. However, thank you for your offer, I appreciate it!

Peter

Edit - Topaz worked very well so I went ahead and bought the license.
Title: Re: Focus help Please
Post by: Peano on November 05, 2024, 04:13:25 pm
I'm currently downloading the Topaz program to test it. However, thank you for your offer, I appreciate it!

Peter

Edit - Topaz worked very well so I went ahead and bought the license.

Excellent. I find Sharpen AI very useful.