Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Dave Gurtcheff on October 31, 2024, 12:59:57 pm

Title: Certain photos do not load into my web site
Post by: Dave Gurtcheff on October 31, 2024, 12:59:57 pm
I use Microsoft Expressions Web for my web site. I have loaded successfully over 1,000 photos over the years. Lately two photos will not load. They load successfully to Facebook. The only slight difference I can think of, on each image I partially processed them in Photoshop 2024, and finished them in Photoshop CS6. Here is a screen shot of the page in Expressions where I tried to load the image. I drew an arrow to show you what happens.
Thans in advance.
Dave in NJ
Title: Re: Certain photos do not load into my web site
Post by: Peano on October 31, 2024, 08:02:32 pm
Can you post one of the photos that won't load?
Title: Re: Certain photos do not load into my web site
Post by: PeterAit on November 01, 2024, 10:10:03 am
I use Microsoft Expressions Web for my web site. I have loaded successfully over 1,000 photos over the years. Lately two photos will not load. They load successfully to Facebook. The only slight difference I can think of, on each image I partially processed them in Photoshop 2024, and finished them in Photoshop CS6. Here is a screen shot of the page in Expressions where I tried to load the image. I drew an arrow to show you what happens.
Thans in advance.
Dave in NJ

What happens when you view the site in a browser?
Title: Re: Certain photos do not load into my web site
Post by: Dave Gurtcheff on November 01, 2024, 02:24:19 pm
Someone suggested opening the images in another application and re-save them. I did and IT WORKED. I opened them in Photolab 8, made minimal changes and re-saved. The program automatically adds _DXO to the titles so they were easy to find. In case you are interested the offending images are here, and they shouldalso be on my site, as I published after adding the two images.

Thanks all....you guys are great and ever so helpful.

Dave in NJ



View: original size



View: original size

gurtch's gear list:
Title: Re: Certain photos do not load into my web site
Post by: Dave Gurtcheff on November 01, 2024, 02:26:48 pm
Here is the other image.
Dave
Title: Re: Certain photos do not load into my web site
Post by: Peano on November 01, 2024, 09:55:10 pm
None of those are the offending images. They're the DXO versions.

I often find that when a jpg is acting up, I can fix it by opening it in IrfanView and saving it with a slight change in the filename.