Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave Gurtcheff on October 29, 2024, 05:38:52 pm
-
An older file from 2022 that I just processed. We love snow as long as I don't have to drive in it!
Dave
Fuji GFX 100S 32-64mm lens @64mm f14 ISO 400
-
Love the composition and the subject. ;D
Not so sure about the processing though :o
Dave
-
I do like the contrast between the warm wood and the cold shadows and snow.
I do wonder if, like Dave from the Island says, the post processing to enhance that is overdone. Might be worth a try to tone back any saturation or other colour enhancements and see if it still gives you that nice contrast but with less "not sure if this is real or not".
-
Might be worth a try to tone back any saturation or other colour enhancements and see if it still gives you that nice contrast but with less "not sure if this is real or not".
Hi "UnfamiliarLight", we haven't met yet, so I would like to say welcome ;)
...and I think you hit the nail on the head with that comment above.
Because I think Dave's shot is a good one. Interesting subject, well composed and framed etc. But did it need that much processing? Perhaps not ;)
Dave
-
I am sure that Dave intended the image to look as it is. I like it.