Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: rob.maher on January 24, 2007, 09:39:08 pm

Title: Fabrics for Printing
Post by: rob.maher on January 24, 2007, 09:39:08 pm
I am wondering if anyone has suggestions for fabrics to print on.

I have a client that would like to print on something like muslin.  Prints would be 20x30
black and white. So making sure the blacks remain rich is a concern.  

Any ideas?

Thanks -
Title: Fabrics for Printing
Post by: picnic on January 25, 2007, 07:28:32 am
Quote
I am wondering if anyone has suggestions for fabrics to print on.

I have a client that would like to print on something like muslin.  Prints would be 20x30
black and white. So making sure the blacks remain rich is a concern. 

Any ideas?

Thanks -
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=97418\")

Color Textiles sells fabric by the yard preprocessed for printing (or will coat your own fabric).  The fabrics do a great job with the K3 inks--and I'm assuming with other inks as well.  They come in a variety of fabrics--from thinner cotton to heavy bull denim and a number of silks.
[a href=\"http://www.colortextiles.com/large-format.html]http://www.colortextiles.com/large-format.html[/url]

Diane
Title: Fabrics for Printing
Post by: rob.maher on January 25, 2007, 08:42:32 am
Awesome. Thank you! I will take a look.
Title: Fabrics for Printing
Post by: Greg_E on January 25, 2007, 02:37:12 pm
Digifab also sells fabrics and will coat for you too.