Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on October 15, 2024, 01:18:37 pm

Title: Recent non-comet shots
Post by: MattBurt on October 15, 2024, 01:18:37 pm
I've been trying to get a shot or even just a glimpse of the comet that is currently visible in North America after sunset. After weeks of no clouds for peak leaf color, it's been cloudy every evening I've tried to spot our interstellar visitor. So that has been a bit frustrating but the clouds have contributed to some images I'm happy with so there's that. Maybe tonight?

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54060752128_df2976f91d_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qnauaf)

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54061583372_27894dc4c0_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qneKg3)

 
Title: Re: Recent non-comet shots
Post by: Chris Kern on October 15, 2024, 04:48:04 pm
I've been trying to get a shot or even just a glimpse of the comet. . . . that has been a bit frustrating but the clouds have contributed to some images I'm happy with so there's that.

Both of those images are much more compelling than any of the comet pictures I've seen so far.
Title: Re: Recent non-comet shots
Post by: MattBurt on October 15, 2024, 05:04:34 pm
Both of those images are much more compelling than any of the comet pictures I've seen so far.

Thanks! I'd like to think I'd make a compelling shot including the comet as well but first I'll need to be able to see it! :)
Title: Re: Recent non-comet shots
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 17, 2024, 03:23:03 am
#1 is a nice composition, with all the leading lines and magic light.
Title: Re: Recent non-comet shots
Post by: francois on October 18, 2024, 03:48:36 am
I'm with Paulo on this set. I like the first one a lot with the car lights. The second one is also stunning but more classical (from you).
Well done on both.
Title: Re: Recent non-comet shots
Post by: sdwilsonsct on October 19, 2024, 02:12:35 pm
Great skies, especially #2. Molten water too.
Title: Re: Recent non-comet shots
Post by: MattBurt on October 19, 2024, 02:29:31 pm
I'm with Paulo on this set. I like the first one a lot with the car lights. The second one is also stunning but more classical (from you).
Well done on both.

Thanks! Yeah the sunset shot was a quick unplanned one to take advantage of that sunset. But those are fun when I have some good elements to try to combine.

#1 is a nice composition, with all the leading lines and magic light.

Thanks Paulo.

Great skies, especially #2. Molten water too.

Thank you!