Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: whoo on October 02, 2024, 04:58:23 pm

Title: Epson P7570: 64 mil Paper?
Post by: whoo on October 02, 2024, 04:58:23 pm
I am not a pro but, I can spend money like one.  Comparing 24" printers, Canon Pro 1100 versus Epson P7570, Epson's paper thickness is double that of Canon's (31 vs 64 mil).  The question is, what medium is that thick?
Title: Re: Epson P7570: 64 mil Paper?
Post by: mcbroomf on October 02, 2024, 05:03:45 pm
Maybe just a typo but just wanted to point out that the Canon 1100 is a 17" printer so you may not be comparing like to like
Title: Re: Epson P7570: 64 mil Paper?
Post by: whoo on October 02, 2024, 06:23:55 pm
Thanks, yes a typo.  Canon Pro 2600.  And while I'm admitting brain damage, the Epson maximum thickness is 61 mil.
Title: Re: Epson P7570: 64 mil Paper?
Post by: Rand47 on October 06, 2024, 10:41:36 pm
I am not a pro but, I can spend money like one.  Comparing 24" printers, Canon Pro 1100 versus Epson P7570, Epson's paper thickness is double that of Canon's (31 vs 64 mil).  The question is, what medium is that thick?

The 7570 (I own one) can print on poster board, hence the greater caliper capability:

(https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-R8c5HBt/0/Kd3QTjm7NDVrThMqMR4sTvJnK4ZPDXCDMNcZMZvMC/L/i-R8c5HBt-L.jpg)

Rand