Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on October 01, 2024, 12:48:27 am

Title: Fall Color
Post by: MattBurt on October 01, 2024, 12:48:27 am
It's been pretty nice around here over the past week. Trying to get what I can while it lasts. I even spent Saturday night solo camped at 12,000' to time the light.

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54024728028_007c4c8f49_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qiYRs5)

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54027829348_dc2021c2e4_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qjfKn7)

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54032483822_dcdfbff480_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qjEAYE)

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54033804355_972f19459a_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qjMnwt)

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54031072404_f1fbe26b08_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qjxnpS)

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54034510868_eedf2d69b7_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qjQZxJ)

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54034257666_c9f18977b8_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qjPGhb)



Title: Re: Fall Color
Post by: francois on October 02, 2024, 07:16:12 am
Sumptuous light and colors!
Title: Re: Fall Color
Post by: bergholt on October 02, 2024, 12:59:52 pm
Beautifully captured!
Title: Re: Fall Color
Post by: MattBurt on October 03, 2024, 12:25:35 pm
Sumptuous light and colors!

Beautifully captured!

Thank you both! They are starting to come down now so I may need to go lower altitude if I want more.
Title: Re: Fall Color
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 03, 2024, 11:17:21 pm
Glorious colours. I drove today from Delta CO to Durango, passing scenes of staggering beauty with colours similar to those. I hope I've one them as much justice as you have, Matt, but somehow I doubt it. I've tried before.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Fall Color
Post by: MattBurt on October 04, 2024, 10:49:57 am
Glorious colours. I drove today from Delta CO to Durango, passing scenes of staggering beauty with colours similar to those. I hope I've one them as much justice as you have, Matt, but somehow I doubt it. I've tried before.

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy, I'm sure you got something good. It's hard not to right now! That's a great drive, one of the best on the western slope! It's scenic enough any time of year but right now it is off the charts. I'm looking forward to seeing how you did. :)
Title: Re: Fall Color
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on October 04, 2024, 02:31:38 pm
I really like the last one. There is something about gold against blue, that seems to work so amazingly well.

Dave
Title: Re: Fall Color
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 10, 2024, 12:21:26 am
Beautiful.
Title: Re: Fall Color
Post by: Tuco on October 10, 2024, 11:56:34 am
Are the last two Strand Hill?

One of these years I'll try to be there in fall.  Very nice as always.
Title: Re: Fall Color
Post by: MattBurt on October 11, 2024, 11:03:15 am
I really like the last one. There is something about gold against blue, that seems to work so amazingly well.

Dave

Thanks! I love that color combo too.

Beautiful.

Thank you Paulo!

Are the last two Strand Hill?

One of these years I'll try to be there in fall.  Very nice as always.

Thanks! No a little farther South, Roaring Judy accessed via Jack's Cabin Cutoff.