Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: alex on September 28, 2024, 01:09:29 pm
-
I'm archiving a number of sheets of 35mm colour neg, just photographing a whole roll at a time on a lightbox. I had intended to make a single 'contact print' (as it were) on a sheet of standard cornershop A3 glossy photo paper, for reasons of economy. The paper I have suggests a media setting (for the P800) of Premium Semigloss, but does not offer a Colorsync profile, and the printed result is awful - speckled and dark. I can't find an appropriate profile anywhere on my Mac - there appear to be only the various Fine Art profiles for the papers I normally use, but none of the standard basic Epson profiles for e.g. glossy, semigloss, premium lustre etc. are in the Colosync folder, nor are they available from the Epson website. Grateful for advice.
Thanks,
Alex
-
Do you have the Epson Media Installer? A great place to start. A screenshot showing a list of photo paper profiles for my new P5370
-
Thanks for your reply. I can see all the usual media types available to me, but what I can't see anywhere are the relevant colour profiles - they should be in Library/Colorsync/Profiles, but all I can see are the profiles for the various fine art papers that I have added at different times. And so of course they are also not available to use when printing from Lightroom, which I do nearly all the time. Epson Media Installer should be in the Epson Utilities folder, but all I have in mine is the Epson Customer Research Participation app . . .
Alex
-
OK - have deleted and re-installed the printer, and it has clearly re-installed all the previously missing profiles which are now available in Lightroom and presumably also Photoshop. They still don't show up in the Colorsync/Profiles folder, mysteriously, but I guess that's just a weird Mac thing
Alex
-
Missing profiles may be due to where the Epson drivers install the ICC profiles and how. Epson should be placing the profiles in the path below, which ends up being deep inside a 'package' and difficult to get to:
/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles/
IF you see a folder named ICCProfiles and open it, you'll see one or more items, the names will vary depending on the printer. You may have to try opening the following package to inspect the contents for the actual ICC profiles. Because this is a package, you need to use the contextual menu option (Control Click) to Select "Show Package Contents" and you should see a list of all the ICC profiles inside that package. Copy or move them on your Mac to the folder where most of the other profiles reside:
/Users/~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles
Quit the Adobe product, restart it, they should now show up.