Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Ryan Mack on September 01, 2024, 06:28:18 am
-
It was printing cleanly when I last I checked but I’m using it too infrequently to be worth keeping it. Asking price is “help me carry it down the stairs.” Includes a set of carts half filled with Piezography Pro, a second set of carts used for flushing, bottles with extra ink and a tiny bit of flush.
-
If you have trouble getting takers I'll mention that my 1st roll printer (Epson Pro 4000) went to a local school once I knew I was never going to use it again. My Epson Pro 4880 (once I moved to wider printers) went to someone in my local camera club.
-
If you have trouble getting takers I'll mention that my 1st roll printer (Epson Pro 4000) went to a local school once I knew I was never going to use it again. My Epson Pro 4880 (once I moved to wider printers) went to someone in my local camera club.
I suspect Piezography (and using QTR) is probably more than a local school would want to deal with. Local camera club is a good idea, will check there too.
-
Could it be converted back to RGB?
I offered help to the local school who took my printer thinking it would be a bit new to them but never heard back. It occurred to me that kids of a certain age could easily find out more than I knew about the printer/printing with current web access even if they knew little or nothing.
-
I bet the Boston Museum School or U Mass art departments would love to have it.
People who make digital negatives for alternative process, with Piezography, etc, love these printers because they are so clog free for Epsons. They used to be hard to find on eBay and really sought after, and sell for a decent amount of money. You can put any kind of pigments in them. I have one with piezo k 7 carbon inks in it that I’ve had forever and rarely use it and the nozzles are always clean every time I turn it on. They are the most durable reliable printer of their era.
quote author=mcbroomf link=topic=143890.msg1260842#msg1260842 date=1725438613]
Could it be converted back to RGB?
I offered help to the local school who took my printer thinking it would be a bit new to them but never heard back. It occurred to me that kids of a certain age could easily find out more than I knew about the printer/printing with current web access even if they knew little or nothing.
[/quote]
-
I would have loved this..... I'm in the Boston area. Looks like I'm too late?!
-
I would have loved this..... I'm in the Boston area. Looks like I'm too late?!
It ended up in my hot little hands. One reason is that my Epson P8000 head looks like it needs to be replaced. Last time it was $1350 and now the Epson One Time Service plan is no longer available. Still have to see what Epson might charge for a "normal" repair. I've also been making more B&W prints this year and for the moment I don't have any need for larger prints the P8000 can do.
I'm away for 3 weeks at the end of the month and have put off a startup and test. If for any reason I decide not to keep it I'll keep you in mind Jeff. I'm on Cape Cod so easy to meet up.
-
I'm away for 3 weeks at the end of the month and have put off a startup and test. If for any reason I decide not to keep it I'll keep you in mind Jeff. I'm on Cape Cod so easy to meet up.
I'm happy to see a fellow LuLa member get the printer. Yes, if by chance you decide not to keep it, I'm in Rhode Island, not too far away ;D