Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mfrohman on August 27, 2024, 10:11:15 pm
-
I'm considering leasing a canon 44" printer after years of owning. Has anyone had any experience leasing their printer? Any good or bad experiences or things that I may not have thought about it?
Looking at a 3 or 5 year lease on a Canon 4600 as my 4100 developed some issues I don't really want to repair after only 3 years.
Also deciding between a local 3rd party vs leasing directly from Canon.
thanks!
-
Expect to pay through the roof, well over 30%. It is not cheap. I have done only one Lease and it was my last. I had a 3 year Lease through Canon Financial and paid $6156 for a $4000+ P8000.
At the time I thought it made sense but paying more than 50% of a new printer never makes sense even with the write off.
#1 Other than a cash buy the cheapest option is PayPal 6 months no interest but you have to be prepared to pay it off in time.
#2 Home Equity Line of Credit can be as low as 6 or 7%.
#3 Bank personal loan, usually around 10%
#4 CC can run 29% and I really don't suggest that for anyone.
#5 Lastly the lease option may sound good and is an easy way to get the machine to start making money but you will pay way more than that printer is worth.
Also no way out once you've started.
-
Thanks for your input Dan, appreciate it.