Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on August 19, 2024, 03:52:24 pm

Title: Weekend photos
Post by: MattBurt on August 19, 2024, 03:52:24 pm
We had some interesting weather that was well-timed over Crested Butte on Saturday evening. But I was out at the spot to catch moonrise in the opposite direction which got blocked by a thick cloudbank. Sunday evening I tried again for the moonrise a bit closer to home. It was looking like I'd get shut out by clouds again and then just as I was about to give up and leave the moon made an appearance through a gap in the clouds. To top it off the coyotes started calling as it appeared which was pretty cool.

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53929924021_2a4c4efb57_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qaAXwe)

Minus the TC
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53929924111_bda0854a80_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qaAXxM)

Super Blue Moon
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53932738529_1f2643fecc_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qaRobe)
Title: Re: Weekend photos
Post by: francois on August 20, 2024, 05:53:52 am
I love the hazy/cloudy atmosphere of the first shots. The light is magical. The blue moon image is wonderful, I like it a lot and the lighting balance between the sky and the hills is very fine.
Well done, Matt.
Title: Re: Weekend photos
Post by: MattBurt on August 20, 2024, 06:29:01 pm
I love the hazy/cloudy atmosphere of the first shots. The light is magical. The blue moon image is wonderful, I like it a lot and the lighting balance between the sky and the hills is very fine.
Well done, Matt.

Thank you! I was happy to see the moon as it's been a elusive on my last few attempts.
Title: Re: Weekend photos
Post by: francois on August 22, 2024, 04:25:57 am
Thank you! I was happy to see the moon as it's been a elusive on my last few attempts.

The moon was very visible here but the city light pollution would have ruined the shot (and there's no nice & spectacular background where I live).
Title: Re: Weekend photos
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 22, 2024, 01:42:51 pm
Thumbs up!
Title: Re: Weekend photos
Post by: Tuco on August 22, 2024, 03:31:31 pm
Very nice - looking forward to getting up there (Crested Butte) (will start making my way up slowly via NM from AZ tomorrow)
Title: Re: Weekend photos
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 30, 2024, 11:48:45 pm
Great series.
Title: Re: Weekend photos
Post by: bergholt on September 02, 2024, 01:38:35 pm


(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53929924111_bda0854a80_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qaAXxM)

Terrific!
Title: Re: Weekend photos
Post by: MattBurt on September 17, 2024, 03:16:54 pm
Thumbs up!

Thanks!

Very nice - looking forward to getting up there (Crested Butte) (will start making my way up slowly via NM from AZ tomorrow)

I hope you have/had a good trip! Weather has been epic lately.

Great series.

Thank you!

Terrific!

Thanks!
Title: Re: Weekend photos
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on September 18, 2024, 03:15:30 am
Very good set.
Title: Re: Weekend photos
Post by: MattBurt on September 23, 2024, 01:46:05 pm
Very good set.

Thanks Paulo!