Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Mark Nadler on August 03, 2024, 09:58:19 am
-
I hope you enjoy this story about John. Years ago, I wrote this short piece about him. Listening to him describe his life, I could tell he never complained about any part of it. Thus, my title. (I apologize for any clumsiness in my writing)
John was born into a poor family in Marblehead, Ohio, during the Great Depression. Despite the harsh beginnings, he and his wife built a life they could be proud of. Recently, he triumphed over both cancer and heart disease.
On the day John retired, a new chapter began when a grandson came into his life, and John took on the responsibility of raising him. This unexpected turn forced John back into the workforce a challenge he embraced wholeheartedly. John shared many wonderful stories about his grandchild, who became a successful man. Clearly, John took immense pride in his and his wife's accomplishments, both in their lives and their grandson's life.
Even though John doesn't need the money, he continues to work as a groundskeeper at the Marblehead Lighthouse to stay active. He finds great joy in the fact that, after his heart surgery, his energy returned, and he has never felt better.
-
Great stor