Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: JoeKitchen on July 26, 2024, 12:39:59 pm
-
Good Afternoon,
So it appears that I have a need for a much longer lens then what I am use to using with my backdrop business. I was looking at the Rod 138mm, but it is retro-focal (I think), has no shutter, very heavy & big and is insanely expensive. That last one is a real sticking point, and it makes me wonder if the increase in quality is really worth the extra $14G.
So I am considering the SK 150mm instead. How is this lens, and how do you think it would respond with modern sensors?
Just to note, I am not a pixel peeper and normally do not view my work at 400%. Likewise, this would be used to capture tighter shots of buildings within wider views I am capturing for Film Backings in order to generate a library of building images that could be dropped into other, or used to create ground up, backings when requested. Backings need to be softened slightly before printing to account for depth of field differences from real life to working in a sound stage. So I can deal with it not being as sharp as the Rod 138mm.
-
I have the 135mm Rodenstock Apo-Sironar 5.6 digital lens that I had put into a Cambo mount. It is a lens that you don't hear a lot about- I have been very happy with the quality of the images for landscape photography. I took a chance on having it mounted as a cheaper alternative to the larger and more expensive 138mm lens. I believe the 150mm lens would be an acceptable option to try also if you have a good copy.
-
here are a few SK resources. Also, might want to post the question over on getdpi forum
https://www.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
https://www.getdpi.com/forum/index.php?threads/schneider-kreuznach-apo-digitar-lens-data.70756/
https://www.davechewphotography.com/skdata/