Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: N-777 on July 25, 2024, 06:14:14 pm

Title: Piezoflush alternative
Post by: N-777 on July 25, 2024, 06:14:14 pm
Hi everyone, looking for a good printhead and wiper blade cleaner for my Epson. I read a lot about Piezoflush but doesn’t seem to be available where I live (Germany/Netherlands/Belgium/UK will do). I have read about several home made cleaning solutions mixing isopropyl alcohol, ammonia and water, but I'd rather purchase a cleaning solution that works and I don't have make myself.

Does anyone have an alternative or place where I can purchase this?
Title: Re: Piezoflush alternative
Post by: Ignotus_Mago on August 06, 2024, 12:54:10 pm
Epson has a fluid it uses for cleaning and storage. You'd need to ask an Epson tech about availability. AFAIK, it's not on the market. I was going to use it some years ago, and heard about it from the company that services my printers. It cost about twice as much a Piezoflush, at the time, but came with assurances from the Epson tech that it was exactly what I would need for long term storage. Needless to say, he was down on Piezoflush.

In the end I used Piezoflush over several storage cycles with my first Epson 9900. Eventually the one channel of the head gave out. I can't say that was because of any compatibility issues with Piezoflush, despite the tech's warning. 9900 print heads are notorious. On my other printer, a newer 9900, I have avoided using it so far.

// Paul
Title: Re: Piezoflush alternative
Post by: mearussi on August 08, 2024, 10:26:58 pm
In the U.S. the recommendation is a 50/50 mix of Simple Green and water. I have no idea, of course, if you can Simple Green in Germany but you might try to find a functional equivalent.

https://www.amazon.com/73434010-Industrial-Cleaner-Degreaser-Concentrated/dp/B000VBA8FK/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=1UHO8PK3NIO60&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.THKOAuqF-FieeO5fJoCY29daNigPSv_xc9o2B2ffJUnowHoJ4D6RXJgqc9On48juYQzRKhbZfKdoRccoX15yI6Z5IG1HrUPwtIn1t4h88w3-y6R96xhwtpXDijncHJK7D9uVvxay6uF3NF9DxwtAD3aUA3DoQZ3r-yP9JN5HChpg9aflZDbqVzD7HBugCA3fxroif1CGWUyY9CwjJ7MXJGGn7X-uHGa1zlNhpPIKOT8.w2UPUekVA7tkwW2xPzE_qL-cDUIB1t-4RsdCYqkIhog&dib_tag=se&keywords=simple+green&qid=1723170371&sprefix=simple+green%2Caps%2C191&sr=8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1