Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: dgberg on June 11, 2024, 09:27:14 am

Title: How to access and move icc profiles from Epson's media installer to Lightroom.
Post by: dgberg on June 11, 2024, 09:27:14 am
There has to be a way but I have hit a wall and cannot find the path. Printing through Lightroom and have no access to any P5370 profiles. I have them accessible in the Epson media installer and of course they work in Epson Print Layout but I need them in my my Mac/Library/Color Sync/profile, folder.

The more I dig the more I find out. There is a small error that points to the right that says export. If I highlight one profile it first gives me this warning about using profiles commercially. Then the failed to export sign.
Anyone got this to work that can help/
Thanks
Dan
Title: Re: How to access and move icc profiles from Epson's media installer to Lightroom.
Post by: mcbroomf on June 11, 2024, 10:00:03 am
I don't print from my Mac but can't you just do a search on your Mac's drive for .icc files?  It should show everything, then just locate the dir within the Media Installer program, or just one of the P5370 files (I assume the others will be with it)
Title: Re: How to access and move icc profiles from Epson's media installer to Lightroom.
Post by: dgberg on June 11, 2024, 10:14:17 am
Thanks Mike.

Got it to work. Had no 5370 profiles in the profile folder. I was connected via Wifi. Found a long enough ethernet cable and switched to network and bingo. I now have 20+ profiles in Lightroom. Not 100% sure that is what did it but never the less it worked.
Title: Re: How to access and move icc profiles from Epson's media installer to Lightroom.
Post by: digitaldog on June 11, 2024, 11:05:50 am
Missing profiles may be due to where the Epson drivers install the ICC profiles and how. Epson should be placing the profiles in the path below, which ends up being deep inside a 'package' and difficult to get to:
/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles/
IF you see a folder named ICCProfiles and open it, you'll see one or more items, the names will vary depending on the printer. You may have to try opening the following package to inspect the contents for the actual ICC profiles. Because this is a package, you need to use the contextual menu option (Control Click) to Select "Show Package Contents" and you should see a list of all the ICC profiles inside that package. Copy or move them on your Mac to the folder where most of the other profiles reside: 
/Users/~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles
Quit the Adobe product, restart it, they should now show up.
Title: Re: How to access and move icc profiles from Epson's media installer to Lightroom.
Post by: dgberg on June 11, 2024, 11:41:23 am
Will have to give that a shot.
Interesting enough I still have no 5300/5370 profiles in my color sync/profiles folder but I do have the 20 or so in Lightroom available to choose from.
I looks like my ethernet connection linked Lightroom to the profiles in the media manager but did not move them. If that is even possible? I did the suggested search and found nothing, hmm?