Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Ryan Mack on June 09, 2024, 02:34:26 pm
-
Any advice for something that a Pro 4000 can handle to reproduce artwork originally painted on Arches 300lb?
-
Canson makes four inkjet Arches watercolor papers:
https://www.itsupplies.com/canson-infinity
My favorite is this one:
https://www.itsupplies.com/canson-infinity-arches-aquarelle-rag-310gsm-matte
-
Canson makes four inkjet Arches watercolor papers:
https://www.itsupplies.com/canson-infinity
My favorite is this one:
https://www.itsupplies.com/canson-infinity-arches-aquarelle-rag-310gsm-matte
Thank you, that looks promising. That paper is marked as "pure white". Do you know if that matches the arches "natural white" or "bright white" watercolor paper?
-Ryan
-
Thank you, that looks promising. That paper is marked as "pure white". Do you know if that matches the arches "natural white" or "bright white" watercolor paper?
-Ryan
No, but you can get a sample pack and find out.
-
SpectrumViz has it if you find that kind of test data useful to compare paper brightness / whiteness etc.
-
So I got the sample packet. It turns out that the Canson aquarelle is a bright white hot pressed paper while the actual watercolor painting I’m trying to reproduce is on a cold press, natural white. I had a Hannamuhle sample pack with me as well and the William Turner is a much better match so I’m going with that one. Thanks all for the advice.