Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: JoeKitchen on June 02, 2024, 09:31:25 am

Title: How Many Springs for Another 25 Years
Post by: JoeKitchen on June 02, 2024, 09:31:25 am
As some of you may know, I work as a professional photographer with a MF back, an Arca RM3Di and five lenses with Copal 0 shutters.  I also keep two spare shutters at hand as well. 

I suspect I will be working for another 25 years at least.

So, how many spare shutter springs should I have to last me that long? 

I have had the springs on all of my shutters replaced at least once, some twice, in the last 10 or 12 years.  I have 15 spare springs right now, but I am wondering if that will be enough.  I will probably upgrade to a IQ4 or IQ5 (when release we will see) back at some time and use the digital shutter for most exterior shots.  However, I suspect I will still need to use the Copals for my interior work with strobes. 

Any other spare parts I should get?