Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Lighting => Topic started by: JoeKitchen on May 21, 2024, 01:29:38 pm
-
Good Afternoon,
Is there any way on the Scoro packs to inhibit the packs from firing again one or two seconds after an initial fire?
We have a pretty big deal splash shoot coming up next week using laser triggers to set off the lights. In our testing we have found that the splash itself breaks the laser for a second time within the same capture triggering the packs again and producing ghosting in the image. We have did set the packs to slow recycle, and that appears to have solved the problem. However I would feel more comfortable if we could inhibit the packs from firing for a period of time after each fire.
We can not on our trigger system keep the device from firing again after an initial fire.
-
I take it that you have to have the shutter open for a long time in an otherwise dark room, otherwise you could just quicken the shutter speed. A Hasselblad can shoot at 1/2000S.
I tried googled fire once flash trigger but couldn't find anything useful. You probably need some sort of electronics in the flash trigger cable to only provide one pulse or a permanent short.
You could try setting up a sequence where the first flash fires the required lights and the second flash fires lights that have no impact on the scene.
-
Yes, one second exposure in a dark studio with the laser triggering the strobes.
But anyway, I called Fotocare as well and there is no way of doing this. We did reach out to the laser trigger company directly and they walked us through how to get the system to inhibit a secondary trigger. Their instructions were not super clear. So problem solved.
-
Pulso packs had a function that did what you need.
It had functions to delay, sequence, number of pops and more as I recall.
I would think the Scoro packs have it as well.
-
Sorry, a bit late to the party but may be for next time. You can dial in a time in the "interval" setting, that would do exactly what you were looking for. Cheers!