Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: alanmcf on January 23, 2007, 12:19:11 am
-
I have a chance to get given an Epson 9500. I currently print on a 2200 with matte black ink. Photography is a hobby... and I like big prints from my 4x5 and from stitching digital panoramas.
I know I do not like the gamut of the 9500 with Epson inks... but I am wondering if anyone has experience with after-market / third-party inks with the 9500. I have read about MIS and Symphony inks that work with the 9500. Can anyone guess what my experience would be both with gamut and quality. I can guess what lifting it would be like .
Thanks, Alan
-
It's a very heavy printer!
As far as third party inks, Image Specialists makes some good inks for that printer. I use the UltraPro inks in my 9500, but you really need a RIP with that combination because the ink limits of that ink set come in earlier than the OEM inks. You might try the inks third party inks made for that printer, they are pretty good with few clogging problems. You can buy them from http://www.uink.com (http://www.uink.com) or from http://www.inksupply.com (http://www.inksupply.com)