Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: soharaus on May 17, 2024, 12:53:42 pm

Title: View from High School in Karcha
Post by: soharaus on May 17, 2024, 12:53:42 pm
What the students see looking out (all twelve of them).
Title: Re: View from High School in Karcha
Post by: Mark Nadler on May 17, 2024, 01:47:38 pm
I like this image.  I would consider eliminating the very bottom part.

mark
Title: Re: View from High School in Karcha
Post by: soharaus on May 17, 2024, 03:02:33 pm
I left the bottom part to give an idea of the scale of the dark wall looming above the houses at the bottom.... The cropped version has its own feel. The scale of the surroundings is not present but it works too (at least for me).
Title: Re: View from High School in Karcha
Post by: Mark Nadler on May 18, 2024, 11:43:43 am
Thanks for running the experiment.  I found the bottom of the original image distracting.  I would be curious what others think.

Mark
Title: Re: View from High School in Karcha
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 20, 2024, 06:58:40 am
I agree with Mark. The cropped version works better.

Jeremy
Title: Re: View from High School in Karcha
Post by: soharaus on May 21, 2024, 09:15:25 am
Jeremy, Mark thanks for your comments and suggestions.
Title: Re: View from High School in Karcha
Post by: Michael West on May 21, 2024, 11:28:26 am
Jeremy, Mark thanks for your comments and suggestions.

it gains a lot of balance
Title: Re: View from High School in Karcha
Post by: francois on May 22, 2024, 07:55:38 am
I'm siding with previous comments, the cropped version is stronger.
Well done,
Title: Re: View from High School in Karcha
Post by: soharaus on May 22, 2024, 10:55:19 am
Michael, Francois thank you for your comments..... lot of minerals in them thar hills as they say. This was taken in 2009, hope the scenery looks more or less the same. May find out in 2025 when I hope to visit again.
Title: Re: View from High School in Karcha
Post by: MattBurt on May 22, 2024, 11:21:03 am
Very impressive view and a good shot! I think I agree about the crop but I like both.