Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: frankiegee on January 22, 2007, 06:40:20 pm
-
Good Evening to All:
Sincere thanks to everyone for your help. I started a new thread to make it easy to get right to the answer. The problem was the graphics card! On Eizo's site, it says the Radeon 9600 Pro with the Power Mac G5 is supported. I didn't even know much about graphic cards, so I purchased the new ATI Radeon 9600 Pro Mac/PC Edition (256 MB) and took out the old card (without even looking at it); everyone here knows what happened after connecting the monitor. Doing some more research, I read that my G5 supposedly shipped with the old Radeon 9600 Pro (64 MB), so, grasping at straws, I reinstalled the old card and it was the 9600 Pro. The Color Navigator worked perfectly. I don't know why the new version doesn't register the monitor on my computer but the old card does. My concern now is that the ATI cards (AGP) listed on the Eizo site compatible with the G5 are impossible to find if anything happens to this one, which is at least three-four years old. I want to clearly express my gratitude to all; your responses offered daily hope when I was so frustrated and carried me through 'til the accidental discovery.
-
Frank, thanks for filling us in. Not the answer I expected but fills in more about what eizo is doing that they have not been very good about telling us all.
-
Jack,
You are quite welcome. You were instrumental in keeping my hope going. Thank You.
-
It's nice to hear a happy ending to such a grim tale of woe.