Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Robert Roaldi on March 12, 2024, 10:09:32 pm
-
Oscar winning documentary (39 min) about a group of people who repair musical instruments for public school students in Los Angeles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xttrkgKXtZ4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xttrkgKXtZ4).
-
Nice one, Robert. The Mexican lady has a wonderfully expressive face; why, then, do models often find it hard going to emote ten percent of what she was giving?
Of one thing I am sure: of all of the arts, music can the most easily get into your soul and render you an emotionally helpless creature when the right sounds come calling. I never had tears run down my cheeks looking at photos (not even bad ones), paintings, sculpture or stained glass - but with music, not so rare an event. Ironically, perhaps, I have no musical talent of my own - a massive regret with which I eventually learned to live. It could be that that’s why I value it so highly.
-
Nice one, Robert. The Mexican lady has a wonderfully expressive face; why, then, do models often find it hard going to emote ten percent of what she was giving?
Of one thing I am sure: of all of the arts, music can the most easily get into your soul and render you an emotionally helpless creature when the right sounds come calling. I never had tears run down my cheeks looking at photos (not even bad ones), paintings, sculpture or stained glass - but with music, not so rare an event. Ironically, perhaps, I have no musical talent of my own - a massive regret with which I eventually learned to live. It could be that that’s why I value it so highly.
There are indeed passages in music that do that.