Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: uimike on March 07, 2024, 05:28:12 pm

Title: Calibrite SL not recognized by SpectraView II - thoughts?
Post by: uimike on March 07, 2024, 05:28:12 pm
Well, I moved, and after some extended storage my old puck started melting (that strange plastic rot that happens sometimes). So I got a new Calibrite SL, but it isn't recognized by SpectraView II no matter what. I will try and call NEC, but wonder if anyone has had this.

Mac M1, NEC PA272W, Calibrite SL connected to USB-C and to monitor's USB in-port.

thanks in advance,

Mike C
Title: Re: Calibrite SL not recognized by SpectraView II - thoughts?
Post by: Christopher Sanderson on March 07, 2024, 05:50:25 pm
You may have to use Calibrite Profiler (https://calibrite.com/us/calibrite-profiler/).
I faced the reverse situation trying to calibrate an Apple display using Calibrite software with an NEC/x-rite OEM puck. Impossible. Here's why. (https://www.xrite.com/service-support/oem_i1display_pro_devices)
Title: Re: Calibrite SL not recognized by SpectraView II - thoughts?
Post by: uimike on March 07, 2024, 06:09:54 pm
Ah thank you Christopher. I will try Calibrite's solution.
Title: Re: Calibrite SL not recognized by SpectraView II - thoughts?
Post by: Kyle Jackson on March 23, 2024, 11:02:30 am

Hi, fwiw I have SpectraView II and it detects a non-NEC-branded spectro of similar model. I have a puck from the old HP APS, it's literally still in the package, only the cord sticking out so I can dongle i1Profiler with it. I just launched SpectraView II (which I no longer use since my NEC monitor is long past being calibrate-able), and it detects the HP puck as a NEC spectro lol (says "i1Display v2", just like the NEC one). Anyhow just mentioning it as finding an older non-NEC-badged puck might still work with SV II, depending on which model came with your NEC screen.

Cheers