Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Kyle Jackson on February 15, 2024, 05:46:35 pm
-
Hey all, I suspect this question has been asked before in various ways (and I'm researching that...), but thought I'd try a different take on it now in 2024. For those of you who used HP Z3100 / Z3200 printers and moved on from them (by choice or otherwise), how has it been going? Where did you end up (brands / models)? What would you would change about your setup now if you could?
I'm particularly interested to hear about things like service/support, profiling (do you still have onboard spectro?), roll handling (multi-roll? curl-reduction for heavy media?), operating economy, and of course print quality and media choices/compatibility. Regardless of your use case, your experience is valuable info for others.
Thanks so much!
-
Haha so I conclude from the lack of responses that everyone had such a horrible experience with the printers that came after their Z3100/Z3200's that they reconsidered their life's choices and gave up printing entirely and took up something far more reasonable like professional knife throwing. ;)
-
I recently sold my Z3200 when HP refused to offer warranty service and stopped servicing them as of April. I looked at the Z9+ with gloss channel installed but there seems to be too many issues with the new printers from HP, the Z9+ is like a performance downgrade and I don't trust promises made by HP. There are far fewer adopters of the Z9+ printers and those that have a very well versed in their function and operation, something not many can say. I looked at the Canon Pro 4600 but it also has little info available. It appears that printer companies have given up or are no longer enthusiastic about photo printers. I have essentially given up hope.
-
After my 3200 died I did not want to go the z9 route and picked up a Canon IPF4000 and have no regrets.
No issues in about 5 years of ownership.. love the printer.