Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: David Eckels on January 20, 2024, 07:17:10 pm

Title: A Ship, A Lighthouse, and Mt Baker on the Strait of Juan de Fuca
Post by: David Eckels on January 20, 2024, 07:17:10 pm
The lighthouse is about 3.5-4 miles away, the ship 5-6 ish, Mt Baker 86 or so.
I would appreciate any preferences for the 16x9 or 3x2 crop. Thanks.
Title: Re: A Ship, A Lighthouse, and Mt Baker on the Strait of Juan de Fuca
Post by: francois on January 21, 2024, 04:48:04 am
My preference goes for the wider aspect (16-9). It's mostly because this is a landscape with a vessel. On the other hand, the tighter crop is more about the ship. I maybe completely wrong, though ;-)
Title: Re: A Ship, A Lighthouse, and Mt Baker on the Strait of Juan de Fuca
Post by: David Eckels on January 21, 2024, 09:19:06 am
Nothing wrong about it Francois. I really appreciate the feedback.
Title: Re: A Ship, A Lighthouse, and Mt Baker on the Strait of Juan de Fuca
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 21, 2024, 09:57:37 am
Must be truly clear weather. I prefer 16:9, I see more of the landscape.
Title: Re: A Ship, A Lighthouse, and Mt Baker on the Strait of Juan de Fuca
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 22, 2024, 10:13:29 am
If for TV - 16:9

If for wall - 3:2
Title: Re: A Ship, A Lighthouse, and Mt Baker on the Strait of Juan de Fuca
Post by: David Eckels on January 22, 2024, 10:47:28 pm
It was a clear day, Paulo, you could see forever ;)
Good call, Slobodan, thanks.