Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: David Eichler on January 12, 2024, 07:22:03 pm

Title: Big Sur with Current Photoshop
Post by: David Eichler on January 12, 2024, 07:22:03 pm
One of my Macs cannot use an OS later than Big Sur, which can't use the latest versions of Lightroom Classic, but can use the latest version of Photoshop/Camera Raw, with some limitations. What are some of the most common or important of those limitations (if any) for standard professional-level photo-editing? I don't normally use this particular computer for editing, but I am wondering how I would be limited if I had to. So far, I am just beginning to explore using the latest features in Lightroom Classic, but already I have found the AI noise reduction to be very useful, and I can see that Point Color will also be quite useful.
Title: Re: Big Sur with Current Photoshop
Post by: BobShaw on January 13, 2024, 05:09:01 pm
Which Mac can't use an OS later than Big Sur (which was awful)?
Title: Re: Big Sur with Current Photoshop
Post by: francois on January 14, 2024, 09:18:30 am
Which Mac can't use an OS later than Big Sur (which was awful)?

Many more than expected!

Big Sur compatible Macs: https://support.apple.com/en-us/103111
Sonoma compatible Macs: https://support.apple.com/en-us/105113
Title: Re: Big Sur with Current Photoshop
Post by: BobShaw on January 14, 2024, 05:29:40 pm
I didn't go through the list but there is Monterey after Big Sur and it is better.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/103260