Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: David Eckels on December 15, 2023, 08:43:25 am

Title: Multnomah Falls, Oregon
Post by: David Eckels on December 15, 2023, 08:43:25 am
I was able to do another trip up through the Pacific Northwest and came to the Columbia River Gorge on the Oregon side. Years ago, Vincent Versace had shown a photograph of this magic place, which I had never visited, let alone photographed. I must say it took probably close to half an hour getting my bearings in front of this gobsmacking scene. It was early morning and cold, not many people about so I was able to get my tripod set in the right place and then walk up to the bridge. One of those rare moments when dream turned to reality; that is if photography is reality :D

Working on a blog outlining the adventure of more than 4,000 miles (6,600 km) and 1200 images. Should be ready soon.

PS Bring a WIDE angle!
Title: Re: Multnomah Falls, Oregon
Post by: francois on December 15, 2023, 11:47:18 am
With those first three stupendous shots, I'm eager to read your blog.
Bravo, David.
Title: Re: Multnomah Falls, Oregon
Post by: David Eckels on December 16, 2023, 07:15:03 pm
Thank you, Francois. I will let you know when I post it. Probably take a few weeks, but I am uploading images as I go, which you can find here (https://www.davideckelsphotography.com/2023-walk-about).
Title: Re: Multnomah Falls, Oregon
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on December 16, 2023, 11:53:54 pm
A true wonder.
Title: Re: Multnomah Falls, Oregon
Post by: francois on December 17, 2023, 05:56:52 am
Thanks for the link... Discovery of new images will undoubtedly be a great pleasure!
Title: Re: Multnomah Falls, Oregon
Post by: David Eckels on December 18, 2023, 09:48:05 am
Thank you kindly, Paulo and Francois
Title: Re: Multnomah Falls, Oregon
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on December 18, 2023, 01:52:58 pm
Shot three is a real cracker  :)

Dave
Title: Re: Multnomah Falls, Oregon
Post by: David Eckels on December 19, 2023, 08:33:49 am
Thanks, Dave. Next time you're in my area please give me a buzz. Your images are always beautiful.
Title: Re: Multnomah Falls, Oregon
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on December 21, 2023, 11:47:22 am
Thanks, Dave. Next time you're in my area please give me a buzz. Your images are always beautiful.

And you are no slouch at landscape photography yourself David.

As for when we will be back in the US, not so sure, it could be quite a few years. But we will definitely be back one day I hope, just not sure when, but thanks for the invite  ;)

Dave
Title: Re: Multnomah Falls, Oregon
Post by: David Eckels on December 21, 2023, 12:43:24 pm
And you are no slouch at landscape photography yourself David.

As for when we will be back in the US, not so sure, it could be quite a few years. But we will definitely be back one day I hope, just not sure when, but thanks for the invite  ;)

Dave
Thank you, that means a lot. And we are planning a visit to Scotland in the next couple years so maybe we can get together and share a pint.
Title: Re: Multnomah Falls, Oregon
Post by: armand on December 21, 2023, 09:48:04 pm
I like them all. I visited the Columbia river gorge about 10 years ago but in the summer and the falls that I saw were significantly smaller.
Title: Re: Multnomah Falls, Oregon
Post by: David Eckels on December 22, 2023, 09:21:04 am
 Thanks for your comment, Armand. And I know that there is the possibility of even stronger flows in the Spring, but I kinda like this sort of middling level of flow. Plus going in late Fall (end of October) the crowd issue was mitigated.