Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: samogitian on December 01, 2023, 09:45:59 pm
-
I have printed hundreds of 4 x 6 hochenmuhle baryta cards on my Epson p900. I hadn't used the printer in a couple of weeks. That's pretty normal and has never been a problem.
I'm in the Northeast so it's quite dry since we are heating for a few weeks too, in case that matters.
Today I noticed the P900 lost its wifi connection. Ok, whatever, I did replace the router a month ago and while the printer was working with it, doubtless one of the gazillion firmware upgrades killed it. I created a new connection to wifi, which required me to install a new driver on my M1 Mac since it could no longer connect to it. I have long since stopped asking why this sort of thing is necessary. I think my wife thinks, "ah, Epson" is a Lithuanian curse. Then there was trouble connecting to Epson Print Layout, etc. etc.
Anyway, 90 minutes later, I was finally able to print. I only mention all this since maybe it has some bearing on the problem.
I have now printed 3 of the cards and each time, the card gets loose at the end and the last 1/4" of image is diagonally superimposed over the image. I suppose I should try a bunch of different media and sizes, but this is strange. I've had all sorts of problems with Epson printers before, but not this one. Any ideas?
-
Did u by chance use the Epson Bonjour driver??
-
was there a change in the wireless path to the printer from before the router change ?
Wireless direct from the mac rather than via the router for example ?
-
No!
But I don't get how that impacts printing these cards.
-
I'd check paper thickness and platen gap (and all the other settings in print driver). Then I'd check/increase the grip of paper feed rollers , for instance with a small piece of sand paper or a file.
Btw, in my knowledge those cards tend to make troubles sometimes - some people mount them on larger cardboard, equipped with low adhesive film, to transport them through the printer and avoid such issues.