Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: armand on November 30, 2023, 10:01:51 pm

Title: Tahquamenon Falls
Post by: armand on November 30, 2023, 10:01:51 pm
As falls seems to be trendy I give you Tahquamenon Falls, last week

First the "smoother version"
Title: Re: Tahquamenon Falls
Post by: armand on November 30, 2023, 10:02:38 pm
and the more dynamic version
Title: Re: Tahquamenon Falls
Post by: francois on December 01, 2023, 05:49:14 am
I like both sets. The smoother version (especially #3 and #4, #2 not far behind) are wonderful and really smooth with the long exposures. The second set is way more tumultuous and one can feel the power of nature.
Well done!
Title: Re: Tahquamenon Falls
Post by: armand on December 02, 2023, 06:36:58 pm
Thank you Francois!
Title: Re: Tahquamenon Falls
Post by: MattBurt on December 08, 2023, 12:11:46 am
I like that first set especially. Nicely done!
Title: Re: Tahquamenon Falls
Post by: David Eckels on December 08, 2023, 12:33:03 am
I like that first set especially. Nicely done!
Indeed
Title: Re: Tahquamenon Falls
Post by: armand on December 09, 2023, 01:39:52 pm
Thank you Matt and David!

The Tahquamenon falls are known for the water's amber color that is caused by tannins leached from the cedar, spruce and hemlock trees in the swamps drained by the river.
The Upper Tahquamenon Falls are quite high for East of Mississippi area.

A couple more, detail for the color and a overall view of the Upper Falls.
Title: Re: Tahquamenon Falls
Post by: francois on December 10, 2023, 07:36:11 am
Armand, thanks for the info about the color of the water. It's very interesting.
Title: Re: Tahquamenon Falls
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on December 10, 2023, 07:19:53 pm
I particularly like the first one of the second set, with the small tree branches sticking out of the foaming water. But all very good indeed.

Dave
Title: Re: Tahquamenon Falls
Post by: armand on December 11, 2023, 10:09:43 pm
Thank you Dave!
The size might be a little too small to see but on that branch there are several pieces of stuck ice which I think makes it more compelling.