Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Glenn Bartley on November 20, 2023, 08:15:18 am

Title: Penguin Extravaganza!!!!
Post by: Glenn Bartley on November 20, 2023, 08:15:18 am
My big trip for this year was this epic and exciting expedition to, quite literally, the "end of the earth".  I only had a few days in Patagonia to scout out for a future tour I am setting up. But it was amazing to spend them in this incredible landscape and to have some great success with the Pumas!  Next I flew out to the Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas) and spent one week there visiting a few islands (also part of the workshop scouting).  The final phase of the trip was to jump aboard an expedition ship and travel to South Georgia and Antarctica.

I feel so lucky to get to visit such incredible places and I hope that the images I captured do them some justice.

Below are a few of my favourite images that I hope you will enjoy.

To see more from this trip - https://www.glennbartley.com/naturephotography/articles/Gallery%20-%20Antarctica2023.html

(https://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Gentoo%20Penguin%20-%202023-11-04%20-%20424.jpg)
Gentoo Penguins

(https://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Rockhopper%20Penguin%20-%202023-10-15%20-%20045.jpg)
Rockhopper Penguin

(https://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Adelie%20Penguin%20-%202023-11-04%20-%20137.jpg)
Adelie Penguin

(https://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Chinstrap%20Penguin%20-%202023-11-06%20-%20055.jpg)
Chinstrap Penguin

(https://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/King%20Penguin%20-%202023-10-25%20-%20017.jpg)
King Penguin

(https://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Snow%20Petrel%20-%202023-11-05%20-%20001.jpg)
Snow Petrel

Title: Re: Penguin Extravaganza!!!!
Post by: bobfriedman on November 20, 2023, 08:42:21 am
some great shots here.. #1 and #5 my favs
Title: Re: Penguin Extravaganza!!!!
Post by: francois on November 20, 2023, 09:31:20 am
Top-notch photography! Really, you're just as successful in Antartica/Patagonia/Falklands as you are in tropical regions.
I also love non-bird photos and especially the pumas.

Well done and thanks for sharing.
Title: Re: Penguin Extravaganza!!!!
Post by: Leszek Piotrowski on November 20, 2023, 07:30:12 pm
The last is my favourite,.. all are great. Taking your "tropical" expertise to this different part of earth will indeed lead to many great shots.

Thanks.
Title: Re: Penguin Extravaganza!!!!
Post by: Ray on November 22, 2023, 06:51:52 pm
Superb! 1, 2 and 5 are my favourites. Well done!