Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave Gurtcheff on November 12, 2023, 02:00:01 pm
-
Originally posted this 9 years ago on Facebook. Hard to believe I made this image 45 years ago. My taste and technique have not changed! For those interested, I used a medium format Pentax 67. This image was made from a scan of the original negative. Given that I used medium format film (6x7 cm--2.25"x2.75") I can make very big prints of this image, one of my favorites. It was shot day after Thanksgiving on a trip to Beach Haven to visit my Mom. Memories!
-
Dave,
I like the line of the fence leading into the sunrays...
Oh, and I also like that you used a Pentax 67 which is what I was shooting back then too ! I still have B/W negs and transparencies to scan (Minolta Multipro) and print (Epson 7800). Wish there was some modern equivalent of Cibachrome (Ilfochrome) which I loved to print on back then.
Ken
-
Thanks for the kind words. I also have negatives and a Nikon 8000 Medium format scanner which I recently had CLA'd. I print with an Epson P800 and large format 7890. Those medium format scanned negs can make huge prints" (up to 24"x32"). I shot mostly negative film then, both color and B&W'
Dave in NJ
Dave
-
Superb shot! Composition is pleasant.
A nice photo taken 45 years is still a nice photo today and this one proves it.
Well done, bravo.
-
Well done.
-
Thank you Gentlemen. At age 86, I still shoot pictures, albeit not as often. I must confess, that my digital cameras with IBIS are a game changer for me, as I do not like carrying and using a tripod. Yes the Pentax 67 was quite a lovely camera. I also used the Pentax 645 (and later the 645D). The manual focus Pentax lenses are really great.
Happy Thanksgiving to our USA friends. ;)
Dave