Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: pixeldoppelganger on October 24, 2023, 11:47:31 pm
-
Hey Forum,
Any thoughts or data somewhere... where the surface of a coated fine art cotton paper has the most matte or dead flat surface?
Also, it still needs to have a decent color gamut for color saturation.
Typically I'll use Epson Hotpress, Moab Entrada, Hahnemuhle PhotoRag 308
Anyone ever tested for this quality? "most matte" surface??
-
Try, Harman By Hahnemuhle Matt Cotton Smooth, 100% Cotton, Smooth, White, Inkjet Paper, 300gsm ...... if you can find it.
It came in rolls and sheets. It is very very flat and smooth. I still have some of the original Harman Brand before Hahnemuhle took over. It came in natural or bright white. Check Ebay.
-
Have you looked into Canson's Arches 88 ?
I have used Canson's Rag Photographique but find that the Arches 99 is a lot brighter. 100% cotton with no OBA's. From their website:
www.canson-infinity.com/en/products/archesr-88
-
Hahnemuhle Ultrasmooth has the least textured surface I've seen on any matte paper if that's what you mean by flattest--
-
https://www.canson-infinity.com/en/products/baryta-photographique-ii-matt (https://www.canson-infinity.com/en/products/baryta-photographique-ii-matt)
Extremely "matte", smooth, high gamut
-
https://www.canson-infinity.com/en/products/baryta-photographique-ii-matt (https://www.canson-infinity.com/en/products/baryta-photographique-ii-matt)
Extremely "matte", smooth, high gamut
Not a cotton paper though.
Another alpha-cellulose fibre type that has a very smooth matte surface is Innova Fibaprint White Matte 280 gr/m2 (short: IFA39). Not the tactile experience of for example Photorag Ultra Smooth, more rigid and harder but smoother than PUS.
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst
www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
-
I have used Moab Entrada Natural as well as Canson Rag Photographique and loved them both, but Canson Arches 88 is just a spectacular paper, smooth, bright, as others will tell you, no OBA's. It's now my standard matte paper when quality really matters.
-
Not a cotton paper though.
Sorry, you are right of course.