Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Cornfield on October 23, 2023, 01:23:56 pm

Title: Leica options
Post by: Cornfield on October 23, 2023, 01:23:56 pm
I'm looking to buy a compact Leica for travel shooting.

After a bit of research and borrowing a Leica D-Lux 7 for a few days and was pleased with the results.  Now I'm considering the D-Lux7 or TL2 with a 18-56mm lens.

Any assistance appreciated.
Title: Re: Leica options
Post by: Gigi on November 04, 2023, 04:10:23 am
Am quite happy with a CL and 18-56mm lens. Good highlight recovery from the files. Not a great fan of  APS-C, but others  tested it, rating it close to an M-240. Sad Leica stopped making it, but its a fine package, lots of flexibility. 
Title: Re: Leica options
Post by: Cornfield on December 13, 2023, 12:27:43 pm
Thanks Geoff. I have arrived at the CL as well.  Starting the hunt to find a good unit and the same lens.