Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: tomob on January 19, 2007, 05:55:29 pm
-
Hi there,
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I just did a terrible mistake. I deleted the trash, while I was sure I was deleting the files on the external disc. And now the files are gone from computer and external disc. I'm using a MacBookProo laptop.
The files were very important so I will be very thankful for any suggestions.
Many thanks,
Tomo
-
Hi there,
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I just did a terrible mistake. I deleted the trash, while I was sure I was deleting the files on the external disc. And now the files are gone from computer and external disc. I'm using a MacBookProo laptop.
The files were very important so I will be very thankful for any suggestions.
Many thanks,
Tomo
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=96649\")
The files have not been removed from the drive, but the directory information has been obliterated. I recently reformatted a drive with some important images and successfully recovered them with this software:
[a href=\"http://www.octanesoft.com/]http://www.octanesoft.com/[/url]
This was for the PC, but I'm sure there are similar programs for the Mac. It is very important that you don't defragment the drive or write any more information to it before running the recovery software.
Bill
-
Try to Google with something like that (http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=file+recovery+mac&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8). Don't use your Mac too much as writing on the disk may overwrite your "deleted files". Many of the products offer demo versions, they show you a list of files that might be recoverable.
-
The files have not been removed from the drive, but the directory information has been obliterated. I recently reformatted a drive with some important images and successfully recovered them with this software:
http://www.octanesoft.com/ (http://www.octanesoft.com/)
This was for the PC, but I'm sure there are similar programs for the Mac. It is very important that you don't defragment the drive or write any more information to it before running the recovery software.
Bill
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=96651\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
eImage recovery from the link above states that it will recover 'deleted files' from CF cards. There is no mention of recovery if the card was formatted in-camera. My husband accidentally formatted his card in his camera, thinking it was the one he had just downloaded. Unfortunately it wasn't. He removed the card and put it in a sealed envelope for the duration of the rest of the holiday, now home, unsure of what program to use to recover images.
Would this software mentioned above be suitable, or could anyone suggest a more appropriate product?
Julie
-
Try googling PhotoRescue. It's saved my posterior a few times.
-
Try googling PhotoRescue. It's saved my posterior a few times.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=96850\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks Jonathan. Will give it a go.
Julie
-
I managed to recover 60 Gigs of images from a removable hard drive with this program
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk (http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk)