Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: rollsman44 on October 07, 2023, 01:18:15 pm

Title: Phase one IQ1 60 Back Shows image B&W: SOLVED
Post by: rollsman44 on October 07, 2023, 01:18:15 pm
he screen shows the image taken in B&W. IT is in color when I view it on my computer. Did I hit a wrong button? TY:  SOLVED
Title: Re: Phase one IQ1 60 Back Shows image B&W
Post by: mcbroomf on October 07, 2023, 05:13:11 pm
Any colour digital camera will take full colour captures whether set to colour or B&W.  It has to as it's not changing the bayer filter.  By setting the camera to B&W you visualize the scene in B&W.  Depending on the software you use it may or may not honour the B&W settings.  For eg on my Sony when I switch to B&W while taking, Photo Mechanic (which I use for importting) sees the images in B&W but Lightroom in colour and I have to convert.
Title: Re: Phase one IQ1 60 Back Shows image B&W
Post by: Michael West on October 07, 2023, 06:24:39 pm
he screen shows the image taken in B&W. IT is in color when I view it on my computer. Did I hit a wrong button? TY

Lightroom which is my raw convertor shows the images "shot in" in black and white and then quickly switches to the full color palette.

I must say it disturbed me the first few times I experienced that sequence
Title: Re: Phase one IQ1 60 Back Shows image B&W
Post by: rollsman44 on October 07, 2023, 10:32:41 pm
 NO Luck with the above.  So, I set the camera system back to Default and ALL is good now

  Thank you everyone for your help
Title: Re: Phase one IQ1 60 Back Shows image B&W: SOLVED
Post by: Paul2660 on October 09, 2023, 06:53:26 pm
Reach out to a dealer as the IQ160 can display images in B&W on the backs LCD. This was a feature added to the IQ160 with firmware when the IQ260 was announced.

Nothing wrong with the back the previous owner had it set to display in B&W for image review. There are times when this can be advantageous for image review depending on the ambient light available.

Paul