Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Proeberphoto on September 28, 2023, 10:02:51 am
-
After the huge success of HP's Z3200 for making fine art black and white prints, has anyone used the Z9+ for similar use and are happy with the results? Do you feel this machine has long-term dependability. It is quite a bit less weight than Epson's similar sized printers so I imagine it uses a lot of plastic in construction.
-
DO a search for HP Z9.
-
The question is, "Is anyone happy with the results?" An earlier search turned up lots of frustration with software and paper loading but that seems to be the status quo with most large format printers from all three major brands. I can't get over the fact that a manufacturer would allow these sorts of problems get out the door with such expensive equipment. Put another way, does the quality from the device justify the headaches? I can't get a sense of that from former posts. My Canon Imageprograf 300 operates flawlessly and prints beautfully. Why shouldn't you expect that sort of performance from a top-of-the-line 44 inch printer?
-
I and many others had high hopes that the Z9+ would be an update to replace the venerable Z3200.
It was a disappointment.
-
I agree with john Nollendorfs :
Search for z9 on this forum and you find some answers.
As i remember BW was very good.