Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: TSJ1927 on September 11, 2023, 06:54:20 am

Title: The Lightning Tree
Post by: TSJ1927 on September 11, 2023, 06:54:20 am
Blasting upward!
Title: Re: The Lightning Tree
Post by: kers on September 11, 2023, 07:41:04 am
like the stone vs tree structure
Title: Re: The Lightning Tree
Post by: Mark Nadler on September 11, 2023, 09:43:50 am
Interesting image

mark
Title: Re: The Lightning Tree
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 11, 2023, 10:23:48 am
A little bit tight crop, otherwise excellent.
Title: Re: The Lightning Tree
Post by: francois on September 11, 2023, 10:45:44 am
Superb with a very appropriate title.
Title: Re: The Lightning Tree
Post by: Frans Waterlander on September 11, 2023, 11:50:48 am
A little bit tight crop, otherwise excellent.
Ditto for me.
Title: Re: The Lightning Tree
Post by: RSL on September 11, 2023, 02:27:32 pm
Well done, TS.
Title: Re: The Lightning Tree
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on September 12, 2023, 05:37:36 am
I like it.

Very Ansel Adamasy, which again I like.

Slightly blown out in some of the highlights to the upper branches, yet it doesn't seem to take away anything from the image for me.

Dave

Title: Re: The Lightning Tree
Post by: MattBurt on September 13, 2023, 03:40:50 pm
I like it a lot but it also feels tight to me, especially at the bottom. Still a very nice image as-is.
Title: Re: The Lightning Tree
Post by: TSJ1927 on September 14, 2023, 12:02:20 pm
About the tight crops .......  I often use these types of crops or comps to give the subject anchoring and stability.  I learned this while shooting commercial work in early1980's and an art director I respected told me crop in, crop in.   She referenced stability a lot. 
Here is another image with trees adding stability.   
Title: Re: The Lightning Tree
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on September 14, 2023, 12:18:40 pm
I like it, especially with the cross-bedding in the rocks (hey, I am a geologist...). Like the 3rd image a lot too.