Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: OnlyNorth on September 04, 2023, 04:19:13 am

Title: A negative character
Post by: OnlyNorth on September 04, 2023, 04:19:13 am
 Seems to be from '' Swan Lake ''
Title: Re: A negative character
Post by: francois on September 04, 2023, 06:57:00 am
Is that a comoran? I like the contrast with the wet feathers and the vegetation.
Title: Re: A negative character
Post by: Chris Calohan on September 21, 2023, 09:13:59 am
It is indeed a Cormorant. The little curve at the tip of the beak differentiates it from its cousin, the Anhinga.
Title: Re: A negative character
Post by: francois on September 21, 2023, 10:31:35 am
It is indeed a Cormorant. The little curve at the tip of the beak differentiates it from its cousin, the Anhinga.

I didn't know that (cormorans vs anhinga). Here, we have only cormorans and I believe they came about 20 years ago, after a strong storm.