Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on August 30, 2023, 12:55:37 pm

Title: Blue Moon eve on the divide
Post by: MattBurt on August 30, 2023, 12:55:37 pm
I took a drive up to the top of Cottonwood Pass last night to catch the moonrise. It's about an hour's drive on twisty mountain roads rising from a river canyon to the summit at over 12,000'. It was 80 F when I left the house at 7700' and in the high 40s and windy at the top. I should have brought more clothes! Nice evening despite the chill which actually feels great to me.

Selfie
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53152813774_ffcd8e3178_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2oYW4HG)

Moon over Mt. Shavano
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53152254585_44cc6487ce_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2oYTcuv)

Cottonwood Pass
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53152026804_0b821653c1_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2oYS2Mf)

Title: Re: Blue Moon eve on the divide
Post by: armand on August 31, 2023, 10:41:15 pm
Very nice, I see you are getting along well with your drone
Title: Re: Blue Moon eve on the divide
Post by: MattBurt on September 01, 2023, 12:36:42 am
Very nice, I see you are getting along well with your drone

Thanks!
Yeah, I never envisioned having a flying camera when I was younger but I have to say it's pretty neat. So many more perspectives to be seen with this tech!
Title: Re: Blue Moon eve on the divide
Post by: francois on September 01, 2023, 04:10:49 am
Drone or "pedestrian", I like this set a lot. The light is wonderful.
It's true that even a few years ago, aerial photography was a very costly thing. I only dreamed of using helicopters, hang gliders or other flying means for photography.

Well done and as always, thanks for sharing.
Title: Re: Blue Moon eve on the divide
Post by: kers on September 01, 2023, 07:54:34 am
like the night photo very much and
How is it possible- very long shutterspeed in this drone?
Title: Re: Blue Moon eve on the divide
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on September 01, 2023, 09:48:40 am
Nice set, well done.
Title: Re: Blue Moon eve on the divide
Post by: MattBurt on September 01, 2023, 01:01:55 pm
Drone or "pedestrian", I like this set a lot. The light is wonderful.
It's true that even a few years ago, aerial photography was a very costly thing. I only dreamed of using helicopters, hang gliders or other flying means for photography.

Well done and as always, thanks for sharing.

Thank you francois! Yes, I have even done some photography from a small plane and it was much harder than what I can do now with a drone.

like the night photo very much and
How is it possible- very long shutterspeed in this drone?

The long exposure was not a drone shot, that was with my GFX 50r on a tripod (4 30s exposures blended in Photoshop). My landscape kit now includes the 50r and the Mini 3 Pro. Ready for whatever I can find! :)

Nice set, well done.

Thanks Paulo!